Thread: Cheap ammo at Walmart

Default Cheap ammo at Walmart

Hey Boys,

Walmart has Federal Power-shok Softpoint rifle ammo for $11.78 per box. At my local Walmart they had 30-06, 308, and 270 at that price. I have never used this stuff before, but I figured at that price it should at least make good range fodder.

Federal website has an additional $5.00 rebate per a box up to 10 boxes. $6.78 a box total cost.

That’s a great deal! Good enough ammo for deer hunting, that’s for sure!
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

Thank you for the heads up guys

I've never used it on game, but my understanding is that it is comparable to Remington Core Lokt in terms of performance. I HAVE used Core Lokts on game every time until today's bear. Core Lokts are very effective, so you should do well with PowerShok.

Damn, I need to see if my Wal-Mart has prices like that - I'd clean them out, even without the rebate.

It's great ammo. I've shot several deer with it and never had a problem. Fortunately for me, it groups real well with my rifle. I stopped at the Tilton walmart and they didn't have any on sale. The Concord walmart didnít have the 180 grain on sale.

I bought 3 more boxes and cleaned them out tonight. Already submitted the rebate on-line! After rebate I only will pay $6.97 per box. That is nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Meatseeker View Post
    I bought 3 more boxes and cleaned them out tonight. Already submitted the rebate on-line! After rebate I only will pay $6.97 per box. That is nuts!
    Ammo for my pellet gun costs more than that ! Great deal ! They are the Federal equivalent to Rem Core-Lokt . A couple guys I know that use them are happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatseeker View Post
    Good deal, certain white box winchester ammo has a rebate going on now too