Thread: Crossing state lines?

Default Crossing state lines?

What is the law on bringing guns from Maine into Mass if you inherit them? Handguns and rifles some of them are not mass compliment.

I don't know for sure but here is a good place to start.

http://goal.org/masslawpages/inherit.html

They guys down at the local gun shop might be able to help as well.

Bring them in and file an eFa10 "registration" within 7 days. For handguns (assuming no MA AWB violation) MA compliant only matters for dealers selling to you. It doesn't affect face to face sales or "registration", so if you are bringing in Colts, newer Glocks etc (things not on the MA compliance lists) you are good to go for an eFA10 registration but not a transfer through FFL They are legal to own, dealers just cannot sell them to you. Magazine capacities are relevant though. No mags over 10 rounds unless the magazine was manufactured prior to the AWB in 1994, I forget the month.

As for the rifles, if they violate the MA AWB you cannot bring them in as far as I know. If the gun was built before the 1994 BAN date I assume you could register it here. I don't know all the details in terms of did it need to be "in the state" on that date. You may need to dig into this one some more.

Thanks for the information, I'll do some research see what I can find.

I am so glad I escaped the Peoples republic in 78'......I had 6 guns when I left for NH.....add a couple of zeros and they are no ones business!!! Such BS for law abiding people

Quote Originally Posted by kevin in nh View Post
    I am so glad I escaped the Peoples republic in 78'......I had 6 guns when I left for NH.....add a couple of zeros and they are no ones business!!! Such BS for law abiding people
    Yeah doesn't make much sense to me either. Wonder how many "eFa10" registration forms they receive from the local drug dealers, and career criminals . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kevin in nh View Post
    Absolutely...Not sure I'd even conform to their damned "forms" if for some reason. hell froze over and I had to go back there. Nobody's business is right.