Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Experience with this Line of Leupold?

Default Any Experience with this Line of Leupold?

American Marksman:
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...1.uts?slotId=2

I am looking for a reasonably priced ($250 or less) 3-9x40. Found the above on sale. Started out looking at a number of options and narrowed it down to this one, Vortex Crossfire II, and Redfield Revolution. Anybody have firsthand experiences?

I've used Redfield scopes for a while and have been happy with them. Definitely recommend it.

Never heard of the Marksman line. Vortex has a good reputation, but no familiarity with them.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

No experience with that particular line but back in January I bought a Leupold VX-2 3x9x40 at Riteway in Hardwick for $249. Couldn’t even find that price online!

THe American Marksman is a new line this year that took the place of the VX-1 and VX-2. From what I've heard they are rock solid and have better features than either of their predecessors at a better price.

I put a Redfield 2x7 on my muzzy a couple of years ago. Am very impressed. No issues and I don't baby my gear. Same Leopold warranty.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

You can step up a bit from the American Marksman to the Leupold Fredom, which is the new VX2. Midway has what you are looking for on sale $199.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-9x-40mm-matte

https://practicalprimate.com/leupold...edom-thoughts/
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

oh...maybe it was the freedom line I was thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_in_MA View Post
    oh...maybe it was the freedom line I was thinking of?
    Yes, I think the American Marksman is the same as the Rifleman and VX-1 were.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

We put the Crossfire II on Ethans new 7600, and I'm seriously impressed with the quality, considering what it costs. Also, its lifetime warranty. I now own a set of binocs and this scope from Vortex, and I don't see myself straying from their line anytime soon. I've yet to go through the customer service process yet, but the reviews are great on that side too.

Thanks for all the insight. I put a Crossfire II on my daughters gun last year. It’s a quality scope but I noticed its 4oz heavier than the Redfield and Leupold. The Freedom has my interest piqued but they don’t carry them at Cabela’s and I’m sitting on a pile of points. Might lean towards the Marksman over the Redfield strictly on price point. Based on the feedback, it doesn’t sound like I can go wrong. Thanks for the insight fellers!