Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Lake Ontario Fishing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,723

    Default

    Nice fish

    Who did you go with?
    I've already told you more than I know.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North Jersey Woods ( NJW)
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    Expeditor Charters out of Rochester. Going to pick another date for late summer end of August, maybe go out of Oswego. Thatís closer to where my property is.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central VT.
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Looks like nice weather that day and nice fish!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phillipston, MA
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Expeditor Charters out of Rochester. Going to pick another date for late summer end of August, maybe go out of Oswego. That’s closer to where my property is.
    Some friends of mine just came back from 2 days of fishing with Hat Trick Charters out of Oswego and had a great trip

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawn_in_MA View Post
    Some friends of mine just came back from 2 days of fishing with Hat Trick Charters out of Oswego and had a great trip
    Same here about a week and 1/2 ago. They hammered the browns and kings. Nothing big but a lot of fish.
    I've already told you more than I know.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North Jersey Woods ( NJW)
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    I think we missed it by one day for the Kings at least. The wind changed to the east and shut everything down, but a few days prior they were really getting a lot of kings they told me.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,723

    Default

    Thanks Longbow

    From what I have been told, it is far more technical fishing than I'm used to. Speed at the ball, temp probes, color by the thousands, flashers, paddles, dodgers, and meat. I think I'm going next year and it will be with someone who knows what they are doing rather than me trolling around with no clue.

    Seems like further west is usually better early?
    I've already told you more than I know.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North Jersey Woods ( NJW)
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Thanks Longbow

    From what I have been told, it is far more technical fishing than I'm used to. Speed at the ball, temp probes, color by the thousands, flashers, paddles, dodgers, and meat. I think I'm going next year and it will be with someone who knows what they are doing rather than me trolling around with no clue.

    Seems like further west is usually better early?
    I went out one year and caught many fish on a charter boat. The next day I went back with a friend and his boat trolling the same area and caught zero. LOL same conditions also. I’m not sure about out west being better earlier. Going to try to book something for late August when the big salmon are around.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Same here about a week and 1/2 ago. They hammered the browns and kings. Nothing big but a lot of fish.
    We went up to Oswego for an afternoon/all day day-and-a-half trip last September with another charter. All I know is that Hat Trick outfished us the afternoon day 1. On day 2 our charter decided to not go out due to front moving in. Hat Trick went out and came back with a load of fish before it got snotty. We were up and down the docks that morning looking for another option to go out with. Of all the boats that did make it out, Hat Trick was high hook. If we went back that is who Id choose.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,723

    Default

    Thanks Paul
    I've already told you more than I know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •