Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maine Moose Lottery 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BearHunter View Post
    Extra chances every year since they added that feature.
    Maybe this will be the year.

Not trying to be a smarta$$ her... a serious question: after all this time do you think you have spent enough $ to do a guided hunt somewhere? Getting a bull moose is on my bucket list but nothing Id probably want to do twice. Im thinking of just starting to set cash aside for a trip????

Quote Originally Posted by Paul/NH View Post
    Not trying to be a smarta$$ her... a serious question: after all this time do you think you have spent enough $ to do a guided hunt somewhere? Getting a bull moose is on my bucket list but nothing Id probably want to do twice. Im thinking of just starting to set cash aside for a trip????
    I’m with you. I gave up on the lottery when I moved out of NH. I had 6 points at the time, and realized that as a nonresident it could be a really long wait. If I ever get the urge to moose hunt, I figure a trip somewhere in Canada will be more feasible.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I would never book a moose hunt. I just play the lottery and if I win, I go moose hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    I’m with you. I gave up on the lottery when I moved out of NH. I had 6 points at the time, and realized that as a nonresident it could be a really long wait. If I ever get the urge to moose hunt, I figure a trip somewhere in Canada will be more feasible.

Can not wait to get back north myself. Larger woods and less crowds is hard to beat.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

That is a very legitimate question Paul. I really believe I will go on one more moose hunt in my lifetime if I play in both lotteries. I have been in the Maine lottery since 2002-2003 (I believe/hope that I will be drawn for a moose tag in the next 10-15years). This was the first year I was able to get back in the NH lottery and I applied...I'm not sure why...my odds of drawing another NH tag are extremely low. I have friends who just got into both lotteries 3-4 years ago, they have already abandoned NH but keep applying for Maine. They also realized that they may never draw in either state and booked a Newfoundland hunt for next year...can't say I blame them

I was drawn in 93 or 94 with only one chance so it does happen. I only buy 1 chance each year but i have accumulated 80 pts. For $15 per year it's money well spent.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

IMHO, as a non-resident, I'd probably put money aside for a guided hunt and do as Flatlander does. Of course, the year you go on a guided hunt would be the year you draw a tag.
    I've already told you more than I know.

In Maine and NH, does the revenue from the lotto tix go directly to the Moose program, or does it get spread around to all the projects in the department?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    In Maine and NH, does the revenue from the lotto tix go directly to the Moose program, or does it get spread around to all the projects in the department?
    The last I knew, and haven't researched lately, was the application fees go to IF&W's general coffers and a portion of the permit fees go to moose research.

This is Maine.
    I've already told you more than I know.