Thread: Turkey sightings?

Default Turkey sightings?

I am seeing zero turkeys in the metrowest area east of 495/west of Boston/north of I-90, specifically while cruising by the WMAs. Anyone seeing birds (I don't want to know where specifically) outside the neighborhoods, or did the noreasters drive them out of the woods for food/shelter?

yes...seeing and hearing in zone 9. saw one that met up with a car on 495 in Littleton this morning too.

I did see one fly over 495 SB south of I-90 a couple of weeks ago. They're like the cannon balls of the highway... Or maybe more those bullets on the NES version of Super Mario Bros.

I would say that currently I’m seeing far fewer than normal around here in Zone 11. A couple of weeks ago they were all over the place. Had 2 big toms strutting in my yard on Monday, they haven’t been back since. There is a house down the road with about 10 bird feeders, that place is usually turkey central, and an easy place to cruise and get an idea of what’s around. It has been a turkey ghost town so far. I’m not worried though, I saw so many turkeys over the winter, I know they are around.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

Zone 10 and seeing nothing.
    http://users.rcn.com/moxie1884/Terry%233.JPGTerry

What This Country Needs Is More MOXIE!!!!!
    Commit Thy Work To God
    Hunting is part of the heartbeat of life, without it, life is not the same.
    My heart belongs to my family, but my soul belongs to the woods

I watched 15-20 come off the roost this morning in zone 10....been seeing a lot of birds. Hopefully they hold to their patterns for a few more weeks.