Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help...looking for bow

So many people buy THE Brand new greatest bow on earth every 1-2 years, so there is a ton of 1-2 year old bows out there that you can get for half the price. Most bow shops that sell new bows also have a good selection of these slightly used bows. My buddy and I bought Primes last year about this time. He went brand new with the centergy, I went with a very very slightly used one year old Rize. After accessories he was $2k+, I never hit $1k. Like escout said go to a few shops, shoot a few different bows. See what feels best for you. Just a heads up, the market for bows in the last 3-5 years has drastically changed. Its all speed speed and more speed. So the draw and release on most bows will feel more aggressive then you remember.

I will say you'll struggle a little more then others looking for slightly used LEFT handed bows. There's just not a lot out there. My wife is left handed and she wanted a used bow but we just couldn't find anything. And even finding a new ladies left handed bow in stock (in the right color obviously) was difficult. We ended up special ordering a bear apprentice for her. Cheap enough, and its small so it fits her well. But your looking at a good time, you got a few months to figure everything out before velvet is shed

Quote Originally Posted by UltraTec View Post
    I prefer to think of it as "Draw Lube"
    See, this is why its important to have a relationship with a pro-shop guy. He can get you up to speed with the latest vernacular.

It makes sense to call it "draw lube" because its definitely not "liquid bullseye getter"

I would stick with the golden eagle myself. If you’re set on a newer one check eBay. I’ve bought 3 bows there. I’ve been shooting PSE for about 6 years now. I really like the fact that they are all adjustable draw length without a press. The PSE bow madness epix is a great bow. You can get one ready to shoot for around $600 and under. Alot of pro shops sell on eBay and come tuned and ready to go. Adjust your draw length and you’re ready. P. S. Speed kills but I like a hard hitting heavy arrow. Build your arrows for a total weight of around 500 grain or more. I shoot easton 340 arrows with a 125 grain head and 100 grain brass inserts. They fly great and hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    See, this is why its important to have a relationship with a pro-shop guy. He can get you up to speed with the latest vernacular.

It makes sense to call it "draw lube" because its definitely not "liquid bullseye getter"
    I disagree...we call them group tighteners for a reason!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post

thats pretty good "
    liquid bullseye getter " i have to remember that