Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Copper Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    I know you don’t want the conversation to drift too far off course, but I will add that lead contamination with a turkey is a much bigger concern to me than lead in big game. Shoot a few turkeys and you’ll realize how many pellets make their way into the breast meat.
    Fair point. As long as we're on the topic, do you have any good recommendations for a 20 gauge 2 3/4"?

I know you don?t want the conversation to drift too far off course, but I will add that lead contamination with a turkey is a much bigger concern to me than lead in big game. Shoot a few turkeys and you?ll realize how many pellets make their way into the breast meat.
    What are you whining about ? It adds flavor !

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Fair point. As long as we're on the topic, do you have any good recommendations for a 20 gauge 2 3/4"?
    You know, it’s funny, I just looked to see what is available and it doesn’t look like anybody makes a 2 3/4” 20 gauge turkey load!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    What are you whining about ? It adds flavor !
    A little pepper eh?!
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I know you don?t want the conversation to drift too far off course, but I will add that lead contamination with a turkey is a much bigger concern to me than lead in big game. Shoot a few turkeys and you?ll realize how many pellets make their way into the breast meat.
    Are we the only family that plays, "whoever gets the most pellets wins", when eating turkey or pheasant?

You can find 2 and 3/4 #4 though 6 lots of places. It's typically advertised for pheasant but will work on turkey as long as you keep your shots to closer range.