Thread: Coyote Trail Cam

Default Coyote Trail Cam

Behind my house on edge of ridge drop off.

Seems like they knew it was there. I NEVER used to see animals looking at trailcams, unless it was fairly obvious - but now it seems common. I haven't been a big trailcam guy in the past, but I'm starting to enjoy using them more. I get the same feeling I did when I was trapping.

That’s their living room...they know! If they can hear a mouse under 2feet of snow they can hear the camera operating.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    That’s their living room...they know! If they can hear a mouse under 2feet of snow they can hear the camera operating.
    I dont' have a single ounce of disrespect for their natural abilities - I guess I'm thinking that animals are starting to become conditioned to trailcams, even just a couple generations in, and its fascinating to me.

I know the red infrared light comes on when it takes the video, but I don't think it makes noise, not sure. I can see the red light, so maybe they can, that one coyote definitely is keyed in on the camera for some reason. Either hears or sees it, maybe both.

I have a doe who seems to know where the camera is and will pose for it. She gets so close one can count the deer ticks on her head.

I'm sure he knows,look at him eyeing the camera:
    coyote sept 6.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by woodmort; 02-15-2019 at 04:47 PM.

In the past I had a Covert camera on the back lawn that was IR. A lot of the night time pictures I got , the animal was looking at the camera, especially coyotes, some at 30 ft away and some of the pictures during rainstorms which are noisy. I bought a couple Coverts with black flash and now rarely get a picture of an animal looking directly at the camera. I have no doubt but what they saw the red light. I don't believe it is making any noise as they don't seem to be looking at it in the daylight pictures.

I've posted this before, but seems appropriate here...:)

moose.JPG

read a article on wildlife - a feather fell from the sky - the deer heard it - the bear smelled it - the hawk saw it -the coyote did all