Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New England Camping

We camped in the Boothbay Harbor region several times also. I believe, but can't remember exactly, that we stayed at Shore Hills campground. There were sites out on a peninsula that the larger RV's avoided and we were nearly alone for the 3-4 days that we stayed. I'm not sure we used the pool as the boys swam in the ocean but I remember that the facilities were clean and it was quiet. I do remember that road noise at sites closer to the road might have been an issue. You could kayak directly from the site and we caught stripers in the river. Boothbay Harbor is typically loaded with mackerel in the summer. It was also neat to see all of the sturgeon.

We talked about going back but never did.

My brother in law used to spend a lot of time at Cathedral Pines Campground in Eustis and LOVED it. Know nothing about it but there is good fishing in that area.
    Last edited by JDK; 03-14-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    I've already told you more than I know.

thanks for all the feedback fellas. All these places sound awesome, but the wife and kids , well mostly kids are "in need" of more entertainment then just fishing from what I was told. For those of you that are not familiar with Moosehillock campground, here's a link as well as an idea what "fun" while camping is for the kids.

http://newhampshire.moosehillock.com

As for camping near the ocean.... .let's just say I'm not an ocean type of fella. My son isn't a big fan either. It's a tough scene here because my two girls and their mother love the ocean.

We camp often and we have a large travel trailer. Our tenting experiences ended when I had a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. The 1 yr old was learning to walk. It was a very rainy weekend and that was the end of tenting. My kids are now 15,13 and 7. Our favorite places to go are Danforth Bay in Freedom NH, Mountain Lakes in Lancaster NH and PowderHorn campground Old Orchard Beach Me. Each of these campgrounds are different from each other but they are each very clean and offer different amenities. These are not rustic state park campgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by xp600 View Post
    We camp often and we have a large travel trailer. Our tenting experiences ended when I had a 3 yr old and 1 yr old. The 1 yr old was learning to walk. It was a very rainy weekend and that was the end of tenting. My kids are now 15,13 and 7. Our favorite places to go are Danforth Bay in Freedom NH, Mountain Lakes in Lancaster NH and PowderHorn campground Old Orchard Beach Me. Each of these campgrounds are different from each other but they are each very clean and offer different amenities. These are not rustic state park campgrounds.
    We started out with a small travel trailer, and then upgraded to a 5th wheel with a slide out. My wife would not be happy in a tent, with the little ones. We made a lot of trips until the kids were about 10 and then once they get involved with sports it's hard to get away anymore.

I know it is not a short trip but if you ever go down to Florida, our favorite place is Ft. Wilderness Campground in Disney. If anyone here goes down PM me and I can give you some tips. Been down there 4 times.
    Last edited by longbow; 03-14-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    My kids are 14 and 10.
    I thought you had 3 kids? Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I thought you had 3 kids? Twins?
    23 year old as well. She doesn't camp with us. We're not cool you know.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    23 year old as well. She doesn't camp with us. We're not cool you know.
    Yeah, at that age it's got to be somewhere "they" really want to go. Good luck.