Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fun/Truck Gun

I neglected to say,that is a pretty damn good group regardless. Impressive.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

IF, and that is a big IF, I have any shooting ability my father gets the credit. After sighting in. nearly all of our shooting was from field rests and targets of unknown distances. Woodchucks in the summer with a 22-250 and cottontail and squirrel hunting in the Fall with 22s. His 22-250 was the same model as our 250s so it was a natural switch. After that, hitting the chest of a deer was pretty easy....if I could control my emotions.
    I've already told you more than I know.

I’m envious of the guys that shoot a lot and have a place to do it. Since I moved down here it’s been a constant struggle. Feel like I’m always rushing. Shoot a bit on a fishing trip, try to squeeze in an hour here or there when doing something up north. Never feel relaxed or enjoy it, because I’m usually sighting in or checking zeros. I have to change that.

Not sure of your situation but trigger time with a 22 is very beneficial and can be dome in a lot more places. Egg shoots are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Not sure of your situation but trigger time with a 22 is very beneficial and can be dome in a lot more places. Egg shoots are fun.
    I actually looked at some at the local gun shop yesterday. I used to shoot regularly with a Remington .22. Could easily shoot out back with no issues with that. I might get on that. Suburban living at its finest. Flush.

In Ct. since coyotes moved in woodchucks are rare animals.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

I don't know how close the Ruger American rimfire is to your 7mm-08 but that might be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    In Ct. since coyotes moved in woodchucks are rare animals.
    That is sad. I know one of the places we used to hunt is now a winery. Dad also took us to New York and we hunted alfalfa fields. Lots of targets of opportunity back then.

Stonington Vinyard on Taugwonk Rd. ? I used to do a lt of chuck hunting. I haven't seen any in a few years.
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    I’m envious of the guys that shoot a lot and have a place to do it. Since I moved down here it’s been a constant struggle. Feel like I’m always rushing. Shoot a bit on a fishing trip, try to squeeze in an hour here or there when doing something up north. Never feel relaxed or enjoy it, because I’m usually sighting in or checking zeros. I have to change that.
    I'm with you KC. Growing up we used to shoot all the time. Now it's whenever I'm up north you break out the irons and sight in or just have a little fun. Definitely not enough to be proficient. Sadly most of the places we used to shoot have been shut down due to people trashing the places. Is it really that hard to haul your shot up junk out with you. Quite a few places up north are starting to look the same way too. I'm in the same town as you and don't have a clue as to where to shoot.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Through the winter I burn 100 rounds or so with my 22 pistol every week.You really have to concentrate on the basics ,trigger control especially. It nice to have an indoor range. Before hunting season I practice with a 22 rifle.
    Last edited by Flatlander; 04-28-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    www.fishwatchhill.com