Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Book - Bucks That Got Away

Ha! Priorities Nate!
    No kids, supportive spouse and a (sometimes) attitude of 'don't give a s@$t I'm going hunting!'
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

My copy just arrived in the mail today, should make a great addition to the hunting camp library!

Congrats on the book. Good luck with your sales. I just ordered mine. I cant wait to get it.

I just finished the book Matt. I really enjoyed it. My story is similar to yours. I'm all self taught and everything I've learned has been through painful mistakes I've made in the woods. Shooting has also been my achilles heel. I'm still working on that aspect. I will take some of your advice and try to improve myself before November. Thanks for writing the book!
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Book was easy to read, well written and interesting! Read it in a few nights. Still have not finished my Bernier books that I have had for years and years. lol

I got mine over the weekend didn't get started yet as I am finishing something else first. Just browsed through looking forward to getting into it.

I received mine late last week and have had a chance to get through a good portion of it on the train or between kids sporting events. The book is great. We only have a couple hundred days before we can go out and repeat the mistakes again, while thoroughly enjoying the outdoors.
    Nice Job Matt

Enjoyed the book. I'm sure I'll revisit it again. Love that your hunting with your dad. You present the evolution of a tracker well. Hope you can finish what you started in 2017 in northern NH.

Roger-

Thanks guys! It seems to be selling well, which is encouraging. I feel like people pull different things out of it that they enjoy; I'm glad there are a couple angles people get from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    Enjoyed the book. I'm sure I'll revisit it again. Love that your hunting with your dad. You present the evolution of a tracker well. Hope you can finish what you started in 2017 in northern NH.

Roger-
    Me too Roger! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

Got it yesterday, read it cover to cover today. Excellent job Matt, I especially liked the part about viewing the rut from the buck's perspective and how different phases dictate your choice of where to start looking for a track. Thank you for an enjoyable read that I'll refer to often and pass along to some of my closest hunting buddies that I've shared tracking with!

Lester