Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Deadliest Mushroom in the Woods!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I put a Williams peep on my 742 , had to change the front sight to a shorter one. There's a formula to determine the correct height.
    I'll let you know how I make out. Hope the front sight is good. I have a Lyman on my 742 which has worked great and a Williams on my 750 but the stock is set up for a scope so that creates a problem the way it is set up. I may have to get a straight stock or shave it down to fit. I like the carbine fit of the 750 so I won't put a scope on it.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    The year I bought my 7600 oh-six was the year my brother drew a moose permit and I was the sub. I sighted in with 180 gr corelokt SP’s and never looked back. I’ve shot up over a dozen deer and a couple moose, all with favorable results/bullet performance.
    I think there is enough of you using these bullets in your guns that I have a good comfort level and that I will have no problem moving forward with the 180's.....

Roger-

I'm sure someone on here has put a Williams peep on a 760 , maybe they'll chime in.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    I'm sure someone on here has put a Williams peep on a 760 , maybe they'll chime in.
    Mine shoots fine. I bought the gun used but I believe it was the original factory front sight on it. Previous owner topped it with a scope. This 760 is from 1978 according to the barrel stamp.
    IMG_4288.jpg

Nice pic. As for the sight I think you should be fine. No issues when I put one on my 742 and your 760 should have the same stock.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

802-603....that is a great photo!
    To visit VBBC website simply copy and paste the following link into your search; www.vtbiggestbucks.com/

Nice set up and nice buck. I noticed that you kept the peep aperture on your sight. Did you purchase a larger one than the one that came with the sight?

Roger-

180 grain SP's worked great today. Next I'll try the PSP's. So happy with this gun.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    Nice set up and nice buck. I noticed that you kept the peep aperture on your sight. Did you purchase a larger one than the one that came with the sight?

Roger-
    Thanks. If you are up for a deer story the full recount is here:
    http://www.huntingchat.net/forum/sho...NH-Deer-Season

I replaced the factory aperture with one of these:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/51...nk-steel-black

They make them with different hole sizes, I bought a variety and like the largest one best.

I'll be certain to read the story.

I ordered one from Midway. Thanks. Funny thing is that I remember growing up in the 60's that my dad had a .32 special with that same peep on it. So they have been around for a long time. He purchased the lever action while he was in the service in the early 50's.

Thanks Again,

Roger-