Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma for Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    Tundra double cabs have more room than silverado crew and you still get the longer bed.
    For sure, plenty of room. I like the 70/30 split bench seat in the back too. The only complaint I have about my Tundra is the meager fuel tank capacity. A 20 gallon tank doesn’t last long on woods roads during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    Any chance you have a cap on that Tacoma you want to sell first?
    I likely will have a cap for a 2015 Tacoma double cab short bed for sale if your still looking. It's an ARE gray with gutter mounts on top for a roof rack.

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    For sure, plenty of room. I like the 70/30 split bench seat in the back too. The only complaint I have about my Tundra is the meager fuel tank capacity. A 20 gallon tank doesn’t last long on woods roads during the season.
    I think it’s like a 26 gallon tank and the fuel light comes on at the 21 gallon consumption mark. So your reserve is still around 5 gallons. I wish they were more fuel efficient, that’s for sure!

I have an 04 double cab tundra v8, bought it new when we found out we would be having the second kid and car seat. Kids are now teens and I still cant get rid of it, free frame upgrade a few years ago and still only 119K. Yes, gas mileage sucks, always has, but you wont find a better riding pickup, tons of room in back seat and still get the 6'6" bed. Love the looks of the Crew max but 5' bed is a turn off. I've kept it this long, might as well just hand it down to the youngest, plenty of scratches and dents already presents so when he adds his own touches it wont hurt so bad!

How many of your guys have the 5.7 and who has the 4.6? I would think there must be a huge difference? Those who have the 4.6, do you think you get better or worse gas millage? Is it a dog towing a boat?

How many of your guys have the 5.7 and who has the 4.6? I would think there must be a huge difference? Those who have the 4.6, do you think you get better or worse gas millage? Is it a dog towing a boat?
    Great question. I'd like to know for my next one
    I have the 5.7, and get about 14.5-15mpg

The original double cab version I have has the 4.7l. Has only ever got 12/16 mpg since new. Pulls a double sled trailer and big polarkraft boat but you know they are attached unlike the newer tundras.

Window stickers on them don't show much difference at all as far as mpg.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Not much of a difference in gas miliage, but the 5.7 has some serious juice, love mine! The 4.6 is a dog period, compared to the 5.7.

Mine is the 5.7, I hauled an equipment trailer full of beams and T &G to camp with ease.