Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Game Pouch to Dinner Fare

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    That’s actually where I plucked that one from!
    Oops- missed it, thought it was a Rinella recipe.

Good stuff! I love the Calabrian Rabbit with peppers. It takes a little while, but is tasty.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

The sap was running hard, so wIMG_2662.jpge didn't have time to cook, but threw a few in the freezer last weekend.

Hows the B-72? I haven't had the one yet, but really like the rest of the 14th star beers. I also like that its vet owned, and the simple fact that its named 14th star is awesome in my mind.

The B-72 is good, its my wife's new favorite there. I'm still a maple breakfast stout fan

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Hows the B-72? I haven't had the one yet, but really like the rest of the 14th star beers. I also like that its vet owned, and the simple fact that its named 14th star is awesome in my mind.
    I realky like it. It’s not as sharp nor does it have that slight malty edge like the Tribute. It’s smoother, approaching Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (which is probably my overall favorite). Definitely cool its vetetan owned, they are actually my second cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    I realky like it. It’s not as sharp nor does it have that slight malty edge like the Tribute. It’s smoother, approaching Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (which is probably my overall favorite). Definitely cool its vetetan owned, they are actually my second cousins.
    Interesting. I'll have to look for it. Southern VT doesn't have the same selection you get up north, but I can usually get 14th, so I'll keep an eye out for it. If its anything like Sunshine, I'll love it. That would be my overall favorite, if it weren't for Edward....

Rabbit and pheasant hunting with my dad on Long Island was the highlight of my winter weekends from the age of 14 until after I got out of college.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    That's awesome!!! I miss rabbit hunting. I haven't done it since I was a kid.

Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Interesting. I'll have to look for it. Southern VT doesn't have the same selection you get up north, but I can usually get 14th, so I'll keep an eye out for it. If its anything like Sunshine, I'll love it. That would be my overall favorite, if it weren't for Edward....
    I would concur with 802-603. I am drinking one right now and man is it good!!!!

Nice looking hares. Tasty too I bet.

Great photos.

Roger-