Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: From Game Pouch to Dinner Fare

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northeast Kingdom, VT
    Posts
    3,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    That’s actually where I plucked that one from!
    Oops- missed it, thought it was a Rinella recipe.

    Good stuff! I love the Calabrian Rabbit with peppers. It takes a little while, but is tasty.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    The sap was running hard, so wIMG_2662.jpge didn't have time to cook, but threw a few in the freezer last weekend.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    Hows the B-72? I haven't had the one yet, but really like the rest of the 14th star beers. I also like that its vet owned, and the simple fact that its named 14th star is awesome in my mind.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    840

    Default

    The B-72 is good, its my wife's new favorite there. I'm still a maple breakfast stout fan

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northwest VT
    Posts
    2,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Hows the B-72? I haven't had the one yet, but really like the rest of the 14th star beers. I also like that its vet owned, and the simple fact that its named 14th star is awesome in my mind.
    I realky like it. It’s not as sharp nor does it have that slight malty edge like the Tribute. It’s smoother, approaching Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (which is probably my overall favorite). Definitely cool its vetetan owned, they are actually my second cousins.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    3,145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    I realky like it. It’s not as sharp nor does it have that slight malty edge like the Tribute. It’s smoother, approaching Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (which is probably my overall favorite). Definitely cool its vetetan owned, they are actually my second cousins.
    Interesting. I'll have to look for it. Southern VT doesn't have the same selection you get up north, but I can usually get 14th, so I'll keep an eye out for it. If its anything like Sunshine, I'll love it. That would be my overall favorite, if it weren't for Edward....

  7. #17

    Default

    Rabbit and pheasant hunting with my dad on Long Island was the highlight of my winter weekends from the age of 14 until after I got out of college.

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    That's awesome!!! I miss rabbit hunting. I haven't done it since I was a kid.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NJ briar hole
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Looks great

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Interesting. I'll have to look for it. Southern VT doesn't have the same selection you get up north, but I can usually get 14th, so I'll keep an eye out for it. If its anything like Sunshine, I'll love it. That would be my overall favorite, if it weren't for Edward....
    I would concur with 802-603. I am drinking one right now and man is it good!!!!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Nice looking hares. Tasty too I bet.

    Great photos.

    Roger-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •