Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Parts do you keep handy?

Default What Parts do you keep handy?

Thinking about that other thread regarding Remington going bankrupt (potentially) and thinking about some of the firearms I have in the safe. What replacement parts do you keep on hand (if any)? I have a couple of extra magazines, but that's about it for parts. Maybe not a bad idea to have a couple of extra key parts, while the getting is relatively inexpensive (bolts, firing pins, springs?). Any thoughts, recommendations?

I have next to nothing on hand other than sight parts. Rings, bases, posts, etc. with companies like Midway,Brownells and others it just doesn't make sense to me to pay for and keep parts I may never use.

Lester

my guess is that Remington will be around for a while even if they file. Look at American Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by tobydog View Post
    my guess is that Remington will be around for a while even if they file. Look at American Airlines.
    I heard Savage might buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I heard Savage might buy them.
    If that is true, then Savage is the ultimate turnaround story. They were broke, almost out of business, and restructured the way they do business. They have basically created the value priced hunting rifle that can shoot the lights out market. Good for them. The Remington factory in Ilion, NY is a massive and outdated structure. They moved most operations south, but they probably overextended themselves. While Savage was putting out $400 Accutrigger rifles that were insanely accurate for the price, Remington put out clunker after clunker to try to compete. The Remington 710 and 783 are prime examples of this.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I keep nothing for parts. I’ve purchased plenty of parts off Numrich for various no longer produced rifles. Knowing that, I have no concerns about part availability.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

I don't have any spare parts for any of my firearms. I only have about 4 that I use and have never had anything go wrong so far in 55 years. I don't fire them very often other than the 22 rifle. The only Remington I've ever owned (as best as I can remember) was given to me, a very nice shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Browseline View Post
    I don't have any spare parts for any of my firearms. I only have about 4 that I use and have never had anything go wrong so far in 55 years. I don't fire them very often other than the 22 rifle.
    Same... except replace 55 with 40 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    While Savage was putting out $400 Accutrigger rifles that were insanely accurate for the price.
    Isn't that the truth, I was in the market for a 300 win and ended up going with one of the package rifles that they offer with a scope, etc. Didn't really care for the Nikon scope but it came with a $100 rebate and has shot great so far