Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Moose Season

Well done Josh! Sounds like an exciting fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    That?s a really fantastic adventure, hell of a week of hunting! Thanks for taking the time to share a great story. Your boy Jase is getting a world class outdoor education, he?s a very lucky boy! I?m sure you guys covered this in a past report, but what?s the story on your camp? When did your dad build it?

Dad and Uncle Gary bought the orginal deer camp back in the early 80's. That turned into our family summer vacation spot and as the family grew so did the need for space. That's when Dad and Mom bought a 40 acre lot on one of the neighboring ponds. They bought it in the late 80s and built the first camp in 92. The compound now has a guest camp, a bunk house and just recently a "duplex" (just two big bedrooms)

We still deer hunt out of uncle gary's camp but all other vacation time is spent at mom and dad's.

Its a great spot to unplug and spend some time with family. We're awfully fortunate that mom and dad envisioned how special this place would be 30 years ago.
    That's how you do it...

Great stuff - I love the stories and pics. Thanks for posting. I agree with others, you have a few too frame there.

Thanks for the great pictures and stories. Nice bulls! Your help with the second bull sure must have taken a lot of pressure off the fellow hunting with his son.

This is having a Bonus Round of The RusselBro Report.
    Great successful hunts !
    That Father and son will pass on this story for generations ! You guys are awesome for what you did for them.

Great stories!! Thanks for sharing.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

I might be alone on this, but when I'm taking the kids out on something like this, the pressure I put on myself is intense. I try to talk myself out of it, but its just hard to do. You want the kids to have a great experience. What you did for that dad is something he'll never forget. Yeah, I'm sure it was awesome for the kid, but right now, somewhere, that dad is STILL talking to someone about what you contributed to his family.

Awesome post Josh!!! The pics are incredible!

Thanks, everyone. It was a fun and memorable week for sure!
    That's how you do it...

Thank you for sharing enjoyed