Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Remington Going Bankrupt?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central VT.
    Posts
    3,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    What did you switch to?
    I use Federal Premium along with another guy, 2 guys have been handloading the last 10 or 12 years and one guy uses Winchester (Black Claw or something like that, I think it's called.)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    I have used Remington CoreLokt every year except for a 5 year span when the " In Thing " was to try out a bunch of " Premium Bullets " .

    Never had a single misfire in 45 years with any Remington 30-06 180gr Pointed Soft Point CoreLokt . Had one misfire with a Federal Premium 180gr Sierra Game King Boat Tail Soft Point .
    I had 3 misfires with a box of reloads that my plumbing contractor made . He should really stick to just plumbing instead of reloading. LOL
    Luckily those misfires were all at the range and not out hunting.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the Oak Hickory plain.
    Posts
    4,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    I have used Remington CoreLokt every year except for a 5 year span when the " In Thing " was to try out a bunch of " Premium Bullets " .

    Never had a single misfire in 45 years with any Remington 30-06 180gr Pointed Soft Point CoreLokt . Had one misfire with a Federal Premium 180gr Sierra Game King Boat Tail Soft Point .
    I had 3 misfires with a box of reloads that my plumbing contractor made . He should really stick to just plumbing instead of reloading. LOL
    Luckily those misfires were all at the range and not out hunting.
    Just an FYI.

    Mis-fires with reloads is a sign primers are not fully seated. A un-seated primer typically seats on the first strike and will fire on the second go round.

    Hopefully Remington stays in business as I want to try their saboted slugs in my 20 gauge.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Never had a misfire with Remington ammo. Misfires are very often caused by over lubricated guns in cold weather, weak/old firing pin springs. Sure, could have been the ammo also.
    My 336 has never had a misfire with Hornady or Federal ammo. I even have a gunsmith go through the gun and I still had misfire issues with the core lokts.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    582

    Default

    rps20180213_055349_299.jpg

    I've had at least 6 like this in the last 4-5 years.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Zone 9 MA
    Posts
    374

    Default

    I have read that many of the gun manufacturers are facing issues. Gun sales dropped massively with the change over in the federal administration and congress and there was less concern about regulation changes. I am sure many of the manufacturers are over extended, particularly those that are deep into the lower tier markets where success and failure hinge on fractions of a cent and need a high volume of sales to make reasonable profits. It's also a durable goods problem as a properly cared for firearm lasts generations. That's not good for sales numbers. All in all, not all that different from the recent LL Bean change. It will be an interesting couple of decades.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Well its official . Remington filed for bankruptcy. They are not going out of business though. Just shedding 700 million in debt and frivolous lawsuits that want to blame the gun instead of the shooter. And of course Cerebus the private equity firm that owns Remington bought the company for 345 million and loaded them up with 900 million
    in investor debt by selling investment bonds and doubling their money. Just another day at the Private Equity Ranch .

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ruptcy-n847316
    Last edited by SportsmanNH; 02-13-2018 at 10:14 AM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Zone 9 MA
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    Well its official . Remington filed for bankruptcy. They are not going out of business though. Just shedding 700 million in debt and frivolous lawsuits that want to blame the gun instead of the shooter. And of course Cerebus the private equity firm that owns Remington bought the company for 345 million and loaded them up with 900 million
    in investor debt by selling investment bonds and doubling their money. Just another day at the Private Equity Ranch .

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ruptcy-n847316
    "Shedding 700 million in debt". What a damn scam! The bankruptcy laws are friggin ridiculous.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,704

    Default

    Yeah the entire 700 trigger issue denial and then subsequent recall was frivolous. In other word, bad management.
    I've already told you more than I know.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Yeah the entire 700 trigger issue denial and then subsequent recall was frivolous. In other word, bad management.
    Yeah that too. Covers them for their own self inflicted screw ups.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •