Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 20 Gauge Pump

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    there's a lot of guys that feel the same way as you. Remember Baker and I were having a discussion about that yesterday. It's his choice to us ML as well.
    You know Shawn I like the idea of the one shot/one kill mentality and I have to tell you it's accurate as hell!!!! In rifle country NH and Maine I use, er, um, the Remington 7600 in 30/06 carbine!!!! Not getting rid of it anytime soon either!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    On my wish list of guns to own is the 20 gauge Savage 220F. Bolt action shotgun, probably the most accurate you can get. A new one will run right around $500. You might be able to find a used one. I know at least 2 guys here on HC that own them and swear by them.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...64356/redirect
    I'm not normally a Walmart shopper but our local one had 2 of those in stock last summer. They were on clearance for less than $400. Very few people here use a dedicated slug gun so I bet they were not good sellers. They no longer have them.
    I've already told you more than I know.

I picked up a Savage 220 this year. It's a joy to carry, has a great trigger and will shoot the hair off a gnats ass at 100yds...couldn't be happier

I was looking at the pardner pumps, 870 express, or Mossberg 500 and ended up getting the 500 yesterday. It’s a 20 gauge super bantam with a 22” barrel. For a youth model it’s actually really comfortable for me at 5”9. I wish I could keep it now! but I’m giving it to my neighbors kid that started hunting with me a few years ago, maybe he’ll let me try a few shots. I looked at an 870 express, non youth with a 26” barrel, but it was noticeably heavier and I really wanted a shorter barrel. I never saw a pardner pump youth with a wood stock in any gun shops or I would have considered one seriously. The 870 was $310 and I paid $320 for the Mossberg. I’m happy with it, I’m sure my neighbors son will be too. He is turning 11 in June and has a 10/22 and bolt .243 ruger, this is his first shotgun. He was using my single shot 20 gauge NEF youth model and missed a few longbeards with it. Now he’ll have a front and rear sight, a full choke and 5 shots, so he’s all out of excuses!

C06BCEA5-0174-4D85-8399-86E20301A719.jpg

5A149BF3-8207-4FD2-ADF5-1A97A6D9D5E4.jpg

I have Mossberg 500's in both 12 & 20 ga.
    Both have rifled barrels and Nikon Prostaff BDC Shotgun scopes on them.
    The 12 has a cantilever and the 20 is tapped.
    I use the 12 for sitting and the 20 still hunting.
    Had the 12 for 38 years and the 20 for 5.
    Both are very accurate and reliable with Hornady SST's
    No complaints, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Nh hunter, how did your winter project turn out? Here's mine set up for turkey season. Carlson choke, Pentax red dot sitting on a B-square saddle mount. Just installed the Uncle Mike's mag cap and butt stock swivel set IMG_0231.jpgyesterday.

Looks nice Lester, did you shoot it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostBeaver View Post
    I was looking at the pardner pumps, 870 express, or Mossberg 500 and ended up getting the 500 yesterday. It’s a 20 gauge super bantam with a 22” barrel. For a youth model it’s actually really comfortable for me at 5”9. I wish I could keep it now! but I’m giving it to my neighbors kid that started hunting with me a few years ago, maybe he’ll let me try a few shots. I looked at an 870 express, non youth with a 26” barrel, but it was noticeably heavier and I really wanted a shorter barrel. I never saw a pardner pump youth with a wood stock in any gun shops or I would have considered one seriously. The 870 was $310 and I paid $320 for the Mossberg. I’m happy with it, I’m sure my neighbors son will be too. He is turning 11 in June and has a 10/22 and bolt .243 ruger, this is his first shotgun. He was using my single shot 20 gauge NEF youth model and missed a few longbeards with it. Now he’ll have a front and rear sight, a full choke and 5 shots, so he’s all out of excuses!
    Wow! I'd like to see the look on the kids face when you give it to him! Great you are helping him out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Looks nice Lester, did you shoot it yet?
    I've used this gun and set up for about 10 years for turkeys. Once the choke and red dot are on it all it takes is one shot to verify zero. Did that yesterday and it was right on.

I have an older 20 Ga Ithica pump in great shape I would sell for $175.00