Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in an Iowa hunt/lease?

Nice bucks. I might be interested. Going to check the Iowa Fish and Game site and check some things out.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Nice bucks. I might be interested. Going to check the Iowa Fish and Game site and check some things out.
    These are in zone 5. you will need 3-4 points to draw an archery tag, but can draw a gun tag with one point

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    These are in zone 5. but can draw a gun tag with one point
    I think I would like to go gun. So what does that mean? It takes two years to draw without any points?
    Last edited by longbow; 01-12-2018 at 12:28 PM.

My buddy and I have 2 points and are purchasing a third this year then applying for tags in 2019. We very well may be interested. We are currently weighing between DIY, Outfitted or Leasing. Would be a week bowhunt, maybe 2. Would like to hear more specifics as to acreage and cost. Are there local places to stay nearby etc....
    The days in agony are over. It won't happen again, Honest injun.....

My tools...
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...5/sluggun2.jpg<----------<<<<< http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...65/vortec2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I think I would like to go gun. So what does that mean? It takes two years to draw without any points?
    Yes..so you would need to buy a point this year in order to draw a gun tag in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by arlow View Post
    My buddy and I have 2 points and are purchasing a third this year then applying for tags in 2019. We very well may be interested. We are currently weighing between DIY, Outfitted or Leasing. Would be a week bowhunt, maybe 2. Would like to hear more specifics as to acreage and cost. Are there local places to stay nearby etc....
    well if this works out I will likely do this every year. I have a farm that would work very well for a couple guys bowhunting during the rut for a couple weeks. It is near the town of Osceola. there are quite a few motels and places to eat there. Cost will depend on number of people and how long you want to hunt or if you want a season long lease..whether you want to scout it and hang stands yourself or if you want food plots and stands already there.

Ive got 4 points banked. Been looking for a place that would fit my needs. Might be interested but I would need a lot of questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ive got 4 points banked. Been looking for a place that would fit my needs. Might be interested but I would need a lot of questions answered.
    send me a pm

Need to enable your pm

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Need to enable your pm
    Sorry try now