Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maine P&P Lousy Hunters! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paul/NH View Post
    Not sure how you determined that... just counted the # who signed up and subtracted # of deer submitted? I for one got my Maine deer. Freezer was bare and I shot the first doe that gave me an opportunity during bow season. No regrets at all. I've got my name on the plaque a few times, and would have a third if Id signed up in 2015. Quite frankly it doesn't mean that much to me except to see my name on it with a handful of deer hunters who are much better than I'll ever be, including MGK! In fact, I had to look back to even see if I signed up this year...
    I looked at the number of people in the contest and subtracted the number of deer in the meat pole. I might have been 1 off. Could be 22 lousy hunters. If people are not logging their deer in to the meat pole then I could be off more from the actual #. I still think it was a pretty slow year for most people on here. Congrats on your buck!
    Last edited by longbow; 01-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul/NH View Post
    I for one got my Maine deer. )
    I just checked the Maine meat pole. You didn't get anything in 2017.
    Last edited by longbow; 01-12-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I just checked the Maine meat pole. You didn't get anything in 2017.
    I can go get what's left and take a picture for the pole! Several years back all the states' meatpoles, the entire forum for that matter, had a lot more traffic. I am as guilty as anyone. I just find that posting to FB is more convenient. There is a good crowd of present and past HC'er on there, but I know not all. I will try to do better in 2018. I posted up our New Years goose hunt in NY in the Waterfowl section. I will try to keep up as the year progresses.

Paul

Last edited by longbow; 01-12-2018 at 08:22 PM.

LB - not to be technical about this but is it a large percentage? I don't know what the denominator was. Did 23 (or 22) out of 100 not get their deer or is it 22 out of 25? And I appreciate you pointing out my inadequacies in life - do you know my wife?

Number of people in the Maine Buck Contest and the number of deer posted on the Maine Meat Pole by contestants. I think there were about 24 contestants and only 1 buck in the meat pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwlambo View Post
    LB - not to be technical about this but is it a large percentage? I don't know what the denominator was. Did 23 (or 22) out of 100 not get their deer or is it 22 out of 25? And I appreciate you pointing out my inadequacies in life - do you know my wife?
    Hahahaha . So it's not just in my home??!!