Thread: Venison sausage

Default Venison sausage

Making up some venison sausage today and it looks like I will be doing patties as opposed to links as I could not find any casings for the smaller diameter breakfast sausages. I picked up some snack casings at bass-pro that were supposed to fit onto a half inch nozzle but they don't. I live in Manchester, NH. Does anyone have a decent source for casings in the area? Thanks, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by 12point View Post
    Making up some venison sausage today and it looks like I will be doing patties as opposed to links as I could not find any casings for the smaller diameter breakfast sausages. I picked up some snack casings at bass-pro that were supposed to fit onto a half inch nozzle but they don't. I live in Manchester, NH. Does anyone have a decent source for casings in the area? Thanks, Tim.
    I actually order my casings through Amazon both sheep and pork, they come salted and don’t need refrigeration until opened.

I checked Market Basket for you. They only carry the larger size sausage casing. No breakfast sausage size.

McKinnons Meat Market in Salem NH has both casing sizes. The breakfast sausage and the normal size for italian sausage in stock. I just called them to confirm they have them. They have some of the best meat and even better prices than Market Basket most of the time.

http://www.mckinnonsmarkets.com/mckinnons/locations.jsp
    Last edited by SportsmanNH; 01-07-2018 at 01:11 PM.

I have bought hog casings at local meat markets around me but have struggled finding sheep casings locally. I have been buying most of my supplies from LEM lately.

http://www.lemproducts.com

I love it when a plan comes together!

Butcher Packer sells the best casings and they're like 1/2 the price of getting locally. It's where the grocery stores around where I grew up get them. Just buy a hank. They stay good for years. You're looking for sheep casings.

Thank you all for your help. Made sausage patties for the time being and they were delicious. Looking forward to stuffing some casings though.