Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Ruger American Rifle

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    Kingman

    Do you know if Cabelas had the Predator on sale?
    I've already told you more than I know.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Kingman

    Do you know if Cabelas had the Predator on sale?
    The predator is on sale, but only in 6mm Creedmoor and .223.

    I'd like a predator in .308 with the 18" barrel.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Hunter View Post
    The predator is on sale, but only in 6mm Creedmoor and .223.

    I'd like a predator in .308 with the 18" barrel.
    Thank you.

    I was thinking it was the Maine store. I should have looked on-line.

    Just as an FYI, our local Walmart had the Predator in both 308 and 6.5 for $400. Not sure if they sell those in your area.
    Last edited by JDK; 12-06-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    I've already told you more than I know.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Windham, ME - Hunt well north of here!
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Should have specified, it’s an online sale and they have limited stock in stores so you basically order online and pay, gets shipped to the store in 5-7 days.

    When you look for the sale online, don’t go through the sale banner on the home page as for some reason it screens some of the sale. Just go right through shooting and firearms menu to see what you are interested in and if it’s on sale.

    At 365 I may have done better elsewhere, though I didn’t even look because I have been accumulating my Cabela’s points waiting for this sale.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Thank you.

    I was thinking it was the Maine store. I should have looked on-line.

    Just as an FYI, our local Walmart had the Predator in both 308 and 6.5 for $400. Not sure if they sell those in your area.
    Walmart is very competitive on prices. They sell most 870 shotguns for $100 less than Cabelas.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Windham, ME - Hunt well north of here!
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Back about 8-10 years ago a whole group of guys I know and some I hunted with ordered 7600 carbines right to the local Bangor store for what I believe was $425! To be honest those guns today must have been in just a random batch because most had the nicest wood stocks I’ve seen today with amazing character.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Windham, ME - Hunt well north of here!
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    For the guys in this thread that have bought these, any advice on ring height? Of course there is lots conflicting info on the www, but I would like to go with low rings for a 3-9 x 40 if possible. Experience?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    Back about 8-10 years ago a whole group of guys I know and some I hunted with ordered 7600 carbines right to the local Bangor store for what I believe was $425! To be honest those guns today must have been in just a random batch because most had the nicest wood stocks I’ve seen today with amazing character.
    The 7600s you see today really do lack that "wow" factor that the older ones had. Same goes with most rifles.

    That's why I'm hoping to dress mine up a bit with the stock my Dad will make. I'm thinking some engraved buck tracks for the handgrip of the buttstock. I'm not sure what to do on the foreend yet.

    The first one he had done for my bolt rifle had the Browning logo for the hand grips, and a leaf pattern for the forward grip.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Thank you.

    I was thinking it was the Maine store. I should have looked on-line.

    Just as an FYI, our local Walmart had the Predator in both 308 and 6.5 for $400. Not sure if they sell those in your area.
    The Walmart's in Vermont don't sell guns anymore. Our state sucks.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Hunter View Post
    The Walmart's in Vermont don't sell guns anymore. Our state sucks.
    I don't every one in Maine does, but most do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •