Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ruger American Rifle

They sell guns at Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    The 7600s you see today really do lack that "wow" factor that the older ones had. Same goes with most rifles.

That's why I'm hoping to dress mine up a bit with the stock my Dad will make. I'm thinking some engraved buck tracks for the handgrip of the buttstock. I'm not sure what to do on the foreend yet.

The first one he had done for my bolt rifle had the Browning logo for the hand grips, and a leaf pattern for the forward grip.
    A nice set of deer balls might look good hanging from the rear butt stock? I think it was the Benoits that used to put a piece of ear somewhere on the gun or sling.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    They sell guns at Walmart?
    Here in Maine and NH yes. Not sure about other states. Prices are good too.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    A nice set of deer balls might look good hanging from the rear butt stock? I think it was the Benoits that used to put a piece of ear somewhere on the gun or sling.
    Haha. Ya, they used to put a piece of ear on their sling.

Picked up the new RAR compact today. Been playing with it between meetings today. Couple of observations.

Its the lightest gun I’ve ever owned. It’s shorter than my 7600 laying them side by side. The contour of the forearm makes it a joy to carry. It pulls up really nice and can’t wait to mount a scope on it, which I’m going to put a 2-7x33.

Trigger at at first I didn’t like, but now I’m really liking it. It’s fairly crisp.

Mag is polymer, it’s almost identical to the browning x bolts. Hope it’s trouble free.

Hope its a shooter because, I’m thinking this is going on some long walks with me.

Not a ton of options in the bolt category at an 18 inch barrel. I can see why a lot of those ADK guys like em though.
    060B86F6-C1BC-4B77-B1FE-EB2DB52CF337.jpg

Kingman,

You selling that carbine now? Haha, gotta ask, you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    Kingman,

You selling that carbine now? Haha, gotta ask, you know!
    No, sorry. I don’t have much In my life with sentimental value, but that one has a bit. I hardly hunt with it to be honest as I have another with a scope which I use most of the season.

Nice.

They have a loyal following on a couple of the other websites I frequent. Most say they are the best of the inexpensive bolt action rifles.
    I've already told you more than I know.

Merry Christmas.... to myself!

Nice rifle!

nice looking bolt gun speaking of trigger pull on 7600 ,i just put a Timney trigger in my 7600, really like it very light