Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Southern/Western Zone Opener

We got back from our NY trip with 2 deer. Both Does. Hunted zones 4A, 6S and 7M. Not one buck spotted. Given, this was the 3rd weekend of the rifle season, I didn't expect much.
    The capper for me was, I managed to pull off a 330 yards shot at a doe and got her!!! 300 win Mag. We hunted state land doing drives from 8am till 3pm for 2 days. Had so much fun and met some
    good people. Boy NY, you take deer hunting VERY serious, I was blown away. I tip my beer to you guys!!
    There comes a time in the life of every program when it is necessary to shoot the engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by NH-Archer View Post
    We got back from our NY trip with 2 deer. Both Does. Hunted zones 4A, 6S and 7M. Not one buck spotted. Given, this was the 3rd weekend of the rifle season, I didn't expect much.
    The capper for me was, I managed to pull off a 330 yards shot at a doe and got her!!! 300 win Mag. We hunted state land doing drives from 8am till 3pm for 2 days. Had so much fun and met some
    good people. Boy NY, you take deer hunting VERY serious, I was blown away. I tip my beer to you guys!!
    Yea the 3rd weekend of the season is tuff, drives are the best way to go. This season has been off, most others I've spoken with all claim a low number of deer sightings. Hopefully we paid the price this season for a more productive 2018 season. Glad you enjoyed hunting New York, we're not all like the idiots you read and hear about in the news. Congrats on your 330yd shot.
    Last edited by NY Hunter; 12-04-2017 at 08:29 PM.

I didn't mention, playing cards, drinking, laughing our asses off and making fun on makes of truck some of us own.
    One thing I did learn, buy chaps!!! Everyone has them, going through the crap they do.
    There comes a time in the life of every program when it is necessary to shoot the engineers.