Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nobody

Default Nobody

It would appear that nobody is hunting this year. This place is dead!

I kept passing on deer so that I would have deer coming through for my son and niece to get their shot at. My son hit a 3.5 y/o with stunted antlers with a good quartering away shot but it was not a killing results. We search for it during the late afternoon and all the next morning but never found it. Nevertheless, he has been bitten by the archery bug. I took a button buck last Thursday afternoon that had lost its mother. Need to go pick up the meat from the butchers today. Niece arrives on the 16th for her 1st deer hunt and I am really looking forward to having her join me.
    http://users.rcn.com/moxie1884/Terry%233.JPGTerry

What This Country Needs Is More MOXIE!!!!!
    Commit Thy Work To God
    Hunting is part of the heartbeat of life, without it, life is not the same.
    My heart belongs to my family, but my soul belongs to the woods

I dunno Terry, there are a few of us. I hunted hard for about 2 weeks, and it was I could do to get a doe on Saturday. A few guys have gotten some deer, but I think you'll see more getting posted soon enough. My sense this year is that the rut is week to 10 days behind last year where I am. Last year, Halloween-Veterans Day was crazy, this year things didn't moving until 11/11.

Doe.jpg
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I have been out a handful of times. Mostly afternoons with a couple all day sits. I have seen does and sign, but no shot opportunities yet. Hoping to get out Friday afternoon.

Terry every bodies hunting, they're just more active on Facebook. There's been 100's of postings on the facebook hunting pages in the last 2 weeks. So many that its hard to keep up with all of them.

Everyone is over at the Boston Bowhunter group on Facebook.
    Seems a lot of people got sick of the bitching on this and other forums. FB seems to keep it pretty civilized. Maybe because most people don't hide behind pseudonyms and aliases? Ida'know...

Quote Originally Posted by polemera View Post
    Seems a lot of people got sick of the bitching on this and other forums. FB seems to keep it pretty civilized. Maybe because most people don't hide behind pseudonyms and aliases? Ida'know...
    That's it in a nut shell. I'm on BB daily

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    I dunno Terry, there are a few of us. I hunted hard for about 2 weeks, and it was I could do to get a doe on Saturday. A few guys have gotten some deer, but I think you'll see more getting posted soon enough. My sense this year is that the rut is week to 10 days behind last year where I am. Last year, Halloween-Veterans Day was crazy, this year things didn't moving until 11/11.

Doe.jpg
    Nice doe and great eating - Congrats!

Commit Thy Work To God

I'm not a facebook fan at all.

Commit Thy Work To God

Don't do face book and never will
    i just love being in the woods!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by polemera View Post
    It's actually been a very relaxed 6-8 months in here. Of course nobody has posted a thread like "Your thoughts on deer drives" In the middle of firearm season like last year at this time.

I'm sure being on a BOWHUNTERS site with other bowhunters keeps things pretty calm. When comment are made about "the orange army" they're met with acceptance I'm sure. Where as this is a HUNTING site, there are many members with different means of enjoying the outdoors. They (and when I say they, I mean myself) might take offense to the "orange army" comments, or like last year by the same poster who started the deer drive thread, also started a thread about "some nimrod bird hunter" messing up his bow hunting. Again...... this is a HUNTING site with different means, and game being hunted, so that also may cause some flack. None of that has seemed to take place for a long time.

It is good to see you guys posting again, and hope you continue to do so. Good luck with the rest of the season.