Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    It's actually been a very relaxed 6-8 months in here. Of course nobody has posted a thread like "Your thoughts on deer drives" In the middle of firearm season like last year at this time.

or like last year by the same poster who started the deer drive thread, also started a thread about "some nimrod bird hunter" messing up his bow hunting. Again...... this is a HUNTING site with different means, and game being hunted, so that also may cause some flack.
    Why even bring up the drama from last year?

Guys, I hate to break the news, but those Facebook groups are bigger dumpster fires than HC ever was. I unfollowed Boston Bowhunter because of the constant griping and bickering. Northeast Big Buck Club was the same thing, actually our old buddy Oneshott was over there raising hell insulting people for awhile. I just checked the Boston Bowhunter page and there is bickering right now about deer drives and trail cameras being a way to cheat and REAL hunters would never do that.

Facebook ok is more popular simply because it’s easier to use and post pictures. I can’t post pictures on here from my phone because they load sideways. Facebook is simple. However, since I joined this page in 2007, I have learned a TON from the HC members. I can’t honestly say that I have learned a single thing from any of the Facebook hunting forums. Here are couple of screenshots from the conversation on Boston Bowhunter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Escout711; 11-15-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

Quote Originally Posted by steve b View Post
    Why even bring up the drama from last year?
    Because it was relevant to the conversation. Read my post again... it has been a very relaxed 6-8 months here. Insult free, great, positive posts daily. I was simply pointing out my opinion as to why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    Guys, I hate to break the news, but those Facebook groups are bigger dumpster fires than HC ever was. I unfollowed Boston Bowhunter because of the constant griping and bickering. Northeast Big Buck Club was the same thing, actually our old buddy Oneshott was over there raising hell insulting people for awhile. I just checked the Boston Bowhunter page and there is bickering right now about deer drives and trail cameras being a way to cheat and REAL hunters would never do that.

Facebook ok is more popular simply because it’s easier to use and post pictures. I can’t post pictures on here from my phone because they load sideways. Facebook is simple. However, since I joined this page in 2007, I have learned a TON from the HC members. I can’t honestly say that I have learned a single thing from any of the Facebook hunting forums. Here are couple of screenshots from the conversation on Boston Bowhunter.
    Brian - I wasn't gonna say anything but I agree with you 100% and the NH hunting page over there is even worse... HC is a cool site, maybe some will return or new people will show up and make it great again. A few bad eggs spoiled it here for some great members but from what I can see (just chimed back in from some time away) all that BS has stopped or maybe it just doesn't look so bad after seeing what's happening on the FB sites.

I like it better this way. I hear enough bs when at work all day that I don't need to read it while here. That said we should probably just end it.

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    I like it better this way. I hear enough bs when at work all day that I don't need to read it while here. That said we should probably just end it.
    End what, Huntingchat?
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    NOOOOO!!!!! I am learning a ton from this forum.

I think he means end the topic before it goes south