Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camp Addition

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    Looking good! There's a part of me wishing I was off the grid, like a big part, but I think I'd still be campless.
    Me too, but I'd probably be wifeless.

Pretty awesome beam work.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Bro. View Post
    Gonna have to pick your brain on this one...now that dad is retired he needs some projects to keep him busy...
    Pick away, but be forewarned this is my first foray into a DC power system. My well of knowledge is deeper than it was when I started, but still relatively shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    Pick away, but be forewarned this is my first foray into a DC power system. My well of knowledge is deeper than it was when I started, but still relatively shallow.
    Not overly difficult. We only use it for the water system. Gas for lights, stove, and refrigerator. Basically a holding tank to an RV pump which pushes water to a gas water heater, 2 sinks, and a shower. Plenty of pressure. There are thoughts of putting a pressure tank inline but it's been fine for years. Deep cell battery is charged with the Battery Tender solar panel. We did do a full solar system at another camp. A little more involved but not too bad.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Follow-up on this post.

This solar and shower setup is some of the best money I’ve ever spent so far. The battery is always charged up and the shower is as simple as flipping a switch. Its nice to take a shower after spending the day cutting firewood, hiking, etc. For cold weather use I plan to keep some RV anyifreeze on hand to cycle through the system between uses. Highly recommend for those with rustic camps.

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    Follow-up on this post.

This solar and shower setup is some of the best money I’ve ever spent so far. The battery is always charged up and the shower is as simple as flipping a switch. Its nice to take a shower after spending the day cutting firewood, hiking, etc. For cold weather use I plan to keep some RV anyifreeze on hand to cycle through the system between uses. Highly recommend for those with rustic camps.
    Looking good Travis. I have the same water heater and this spring I installed the solar panel. No more carrying the battery back and forth to charge(and sometimes forgetting it). Panel is hooked to 2-12v gel batteries. It runs the 12v water pump and an inverter to power the tv and dvd player. Nothing like a nice shower after working around the camp. Makes the wife more comfortable as well. Camp looks awesome bud!