Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peep Setup

My first deer rifle I got for Christmas from my parents in 1986 had a peep sight on it. The first deer I ever saw while hunting was in the brush and I could not pick it up with the peep sight. I would lower the gun and make out the white on its belly and hind legs, but for the life of me, I could not find it with the peep. I saved my money the next summer and purchased a scope.

Option 2 has always worked for well for me.....fixed 4x scope with see through mounts (not a peep... just open sights). I just like having the option of using the open sights should I need to...and the elevated scope provides a more comfortable shooting position for me.
    To visit VBBC website simply copy and paste the following link into your search; www.vtbiggestbucks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vtbuck223 View Post
    Option 2 has always worked for well for me.....fixed 4x scope with see through mounts (not a peep... just open sights). I just like having the option of using the open sights should I need to...and the elevated scope provides a more comfortable shooting position for me.
    This ^^^ I have see thru mounts on both my TC Encores and love them. If I have to I have the fiber optic iron sites for back up. I have 2 TC White Mountain carbines both with fiber optic iron sites . I put a detachable scope mount on one of them and threw it out after using it a couple days. I put the fiber optic iron sites back on. If I ever changed anything again on the White Mountain carbines it would be to try out the ghost ring peep site

Same here. I had the same peep Longbow has. Awesome at the range. I actually had two doe (years ago) that I could not see through the peep. Right about dusk. Switched over to a scoped inline.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss1.5 View Post
    Same here. I had the same peep Longbow has. Awesome at the range. I actually had two doe (years ago) that I could not see through the peep. Right about dusk. Switched over to a scoped inline.
    I unscrew the reticle at last light and just use the big hole without it.

I have peeps on almost all my hunting rifles. I hate carrying a gun with a scope. I occasionally take a rifle with a scope but only if I am on stand.

I shoot a TC Encore muzzleloader. with a Katahdin barrel with a peep. I also have the full length barrel with a scope but I never carry it since I got the Katahdin barrel.