Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Cabin

Your place is looking great. The hard work is paying off.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Your place is looking great. The hard work is paying off.
    Thanks Big D! Stayed up there the last 2 weekends. 1st weekend with my wife and daughter, then last weekend with my Dad on Friday night and wife on Sat. night. My dad and I took care of some trees that came down around the cabin last fall when the hurricane bushed by. Then a couple by the driveway. Really enjoying this place!

Platform bed looks great, ready for some serious Zzzzzzzzz's.

Your carpentry skills are A+, everything comes out perfect!
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by NY Hunter; 06-14-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Hunter View Post
    Platform bed looks great, ready for some seeious Zzzzzzzzz's.

Your carpentry skills are A+, everything comes out perfect!
    Enjoy.
    Thank you NY Hunter. I had a great teacher(Dad).

You have a very nice camp! Looks great. Nice idea with the bed frame. Built a couple of those myself a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Browseline View Post
    You have a very nice camp! Looks great. Nice idea with the bed frame. Built a couple of those myself a few years ago.
    Thanks Browseline! So much nicer to sleep on than that futon!

Got a chance to get up to Shamp Friday night with the girls. My daughter had the night off and requested to go up. Love it when they ask to go up, not that my arm needs any twisting. I had a bit if work that needed to be done. To allow proper clearances for the heater, I needed to remove a window. We go that taken out, boarded up on the outside, insulated and boarded up on the inside. Then needed to put up two small pcs of v-groove under the service panel. Finished that up just in time for dinner to be ready off the grill. After dinner, got a nice camp shower in, then it was time to play cards. Off to bed and I got the best night sleep yet at Shamp. Got up Saturday morning and had breakfast and packed up and headed home. My daughter had to work Saturday and the wife and I had some things to tend to in town. We did end up going for a road ride Saturday night and saw 13 deer, a porky and 3 geese with their little ones. 6 of the deer were bucks. One was huge. The girls took me fishing on Sunday for Fathers Day and on the way home we saw a young bull moose. That made my wife's day. It was an awesome weekend. Hope all the Dads on here had a great weekend as well!

Well, its been a bit slow this summer. Compared to last summer anyway. My Dad has been nursing a bad back since April, well actually he's had 3 prior back operations and the last one 23 years ago involved hardware(plates and screws). He had been doing well up until April. Today is his birthday and also the day of his 4th back surgery. He has Spinal Stenosis and they are going in to clean up bone spurs that are pressing against the nerves causing his legs to be numb and tingly constantly. Thankfully, we got the majority of the work done last year. This year we have been enjoying the camp and getting some things ready for the colder season. We have made a long term plan of moving up there by the fall of 2020. Next spring/summer will be installing the septic system and artesian well. Then hopefully building my garage. Then the following spring will be the addition to the camp. But for now, we still need to build a shed for the 4 wheeler, implements, snow blower and rototiller. We also had a couple visitors to the camp:
    Shamp doe.jpg
    shamp yogi.jpg

Benny,

You've put a lot of blood, sweat, and love into your camp. A job well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by NH Mountains View Post
    Benny,

You've put a lot of blood, sweat, and love into your camp. A job well done!!
    Thanks NH Mountains! I am certainly blessed that my Dad was able to help me with it last summer. Blessed that I have a wife who loves to hunt and is really the one who told me to go for it. What was supposed to be just a getaway, has now turned into our soon to be home. Last fall I told her I would like to move up there some day. She was like a getaway is fine, then the more time she spent there, turned into "In 10 years." This spring when we started going, it turned into "we could probably do it in 5 years". Then 2 weeks ago on the way up she says "what do you think about selling the house in a couple years and moving up there?" Ummm, OK!!! Don't have to twist my arm. So, this winter after deer season, I will be touching up the house inside getting ready to sell. Couldn't be more happier.