Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by benny8 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The stove that we decided on was a Vermont Castings Direct Vent Gas Heater. The woodstove was what we originally had planned, but with the gas heater, we are able to leave it on low while away during the week, and not have to heat the whole place up every weekend. So, clearances are only 4" on the back and sides.
    Ah, perfect, that sounds like a great setup!
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

Had the family together on Friday evening for our Memorial Day weekend cookout and remembrance of the reason we can enjoy our freedoms. Got Old Glory hung out front and had a great time. My dad laid the bathroom floor Friday morning while I got the Solar Panel wired up. My wife got the inside organized to her liking and the water is all hooked up. Just a few more projects and it will be time to get the treestands moved and the plots tended to.
    old glory.jpg
    Memcookout1.jpg
    Memcookout2.jpg

great pics. that dog wants the camera man to go away so she can snatch the bun:)

Quote Originally Posted by tobydog View Post
    great pics. that dog wants the camera man to go away so she can snatch the bun:)
    Thank you. Haha...that little dog is my sweetheart Miss Belle. She is 9 1/2 years old and I have had her since she was 8 weeks old. She is my little girl. She stations herself under the table because she knows how some people eat. LOL. The big boy( Buck, our Black Lab) is hiding somewhere among the crowd waiting for his morsel.

Great photos of a memorable memorial day celebration.

Great Place....America!

Roger-

Awesome!! I just had time to review this whole thread. Beautiful camp that Im sure will bring you many years/generations of memories! Congrats on your first bird too! Great thread all around.
    Last edited by Paul/NH; 05-31-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    Great photos of a memorable memorial day celebration.

Great Place....America!

Roger-
    Thanks Roger! God Bless America and Deer Camps!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul/NH View Post
    Awesome!! I just had time to review this whole thread. Beautiful camp that Im sure will bring you many years/generations of memories! Congrats on your first bird too! Great thread all around.
    Thanks Paul!

Friends with Camps tell me they sleep the best at their Camp. Last year I slept like crap at mine( 1st year). Maybe it was sleeping on a Full size Futon when we were used to a Queen. Maybe it was a combination of the futon and sharing the bed with the 2 mutts. Last Friday night after everyone went home, we laid down for bed. I tossed and turned and could not get comfortable. I told the wife, by next weekend we will have our old queen mattress up here. I told her I would build a platform for it with drawers underneath. She liked that idea, then about 10 minutes more of tossing and turning, she says, lets just go home and get started on it in the morning. We packed up and headed home. Sunday I picked up materials and we started building. A couple nights after work and last night we delivered it and set it up for this weekend. Finally......a real bed. Hopefully some restful night sleep.
    platform.jpg
    platform2.jpg
    platform3.jpg

This really looks great, really happy for you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by jranney12 View Post
    This really looks great, really happy for you guys!!
    Thanks Justin!