Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Hunting Cabin

I just looked at this thread and you certainly are going it right. Not very often I am envious of anyone but I am as this is what camp should be. Here's to many generations of fun.
    I've already told you more than I know.

Thanks JDK! Went to camp this weekend and planted some Whitetail Institute Tall Tine Tubers and checked the trail cams. Some decent buck and doe activity.
    shamp buck.jpg

My wife, daughter and I got up to the Shamp yesterday to finish up enclosing the porch for Deer Camp and the Winter. I built panels at home and brought them up. 75 percent can be taken down in the spring. I made the portion by the solar panel and stove area permanent. Its a bit hob cob in the door area but the doors were free and it functions good, so being up there temporarily, I guess I can deal with it. The face is a southern exposure and with it closed in, in full sun, it gets rather toasty under there. Then my buddy Rob gave me some Shamp décor that we got hung up as well. Now looking forward the youth weekend with my brother and niece and then the muzzleloader opener.
    shamp22.jpg
    shamp23.jpg
    shamp24.jpg
    shamp25.jpg

Better be careful. Make many more improvements and your taxes will go up.
    Looking good.
    Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    National Rifle Association

How many miles from where you live to where camp is benny? That really seems to be the key on actually getting to use much. I always wanted a camp up north but mine is only 30 miles from where i live and still don't feel we use it nearly enough with busy kids and lives. This Saturday is youth hunting day in Maine so atleast I know the boy and I will have the next few weekends together at it, cant wait. Good luck to you benny, you've done a great job on your project and family memories!

Quote Originally Posted by WetWool View Post
    How many miles from where you live to where camp is benny? That really seems to be the key on actually getting to use much. I always wanted a camp up north but mine is only 30 miles from where i live and still don't feel we use it nearly enough with busy kids and lives. This Saturday is youth hunting day in Maine so atleast I know the boy and I will have the next few weekends together at it, cant wait. Good luck to you benny, you've done a great job on your project and family memories!
    Thanks Wet Wool! We are 20 minutes from our home town, but miles away compared to living on the outskirts of town. I grew up in a small country town where everyone knew everyone. The next town(city) south was where we built our house 15 years ago. Soon we will be selling and moving up to the Shamp permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by benny8 View Post
    Thanks Wet Wool! We are 20 minutes from our home town, but miles away compared to living on the outskirts of town. I grew up in a small country town where everyone knew everyone. The next town(city) south was where we built our house 15 years ago. Soon we will be selling and moving up to the Shamp permanently.
    Something to be said for a simple existence. I plan on retiring back to my small home town as well if things go according to plan, 7 years, 3 months, 2 days..... but whose counting.

Quote Originally Posted by WetWool View Post
    Something to be said for a simple existence. I plan on retiring back to my small home town as well if things go according to plan, 7 years, 3 months, 2 days..... but whose counting.
    Love it! I have a few more than that. Something along the lines of 22 years.

Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    Looking good!
    Thanks Grey!