Default Spot and Stalk Bear

Has anyone done it with a bow here in Maine? Looking for suggestions.

I have been seeing a lot of bear lately during my evening walks and figured I'd give it a shot. I wasn't planning to buy bear tag but what the heck.
    I've already told you more than I know.

I've never done that, but if you have the time you oughta try it. I think it would be a real thrill. I wish we still had a spring hunt, that'd be perfect. Good luck if you do it
    Last edited by groundtender; 08-07-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Sounds like a great hunt opportunity but I'd keep the 44 on your side for a fast follow up if needed!
    Life is short. Choose the mountains you are willing to die on carefully.

Good luck on the trail!

I got to within 25 yards of a sow and 2 cubs Sunday evening. It was pretty easy actually and they never suspected I was around. Would have been a pretty easy bow shot (I wouldn't shoot her anyway). I have been seeing a couple of much larger bear but haven't fooled with them yet. Each would have been an easy rifle shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I got to within 25 yards of a sow and 2 cubs Sunday evening. It was pretty easy actually and they never suspected I was around. Would have been a pretty easy bow shot (I wouldn't shoot her anyway). I have been seeing a couple of much larger bear but haven't fooled with them yet. Each would have been an easy rifle shot.
    All I know is that if you put a sling shot in the hands of a Kamm.....it could seriously become a dangerous weapon! LOL. Looking forward to seeing your pursuits.....Will Matt be back in time deer hunting this year?
    Life is short. Choose the mountains you are willing to die on carefully.

Good luck on the trail!

He will be back for part of September and October. Expanded and regular archery only. All I know is I have spent more time on Google Earth looking at spots he is thinking about than I do for work.

Is he working on a ship somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Is he working on a ship somewhere?
    Bering Sea

Spot and stalk with a bow sounds like a blast! Also one hell of a challenge. Good luck.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Quote Originally Posted by Turningleaf View Post
    All I know is that if you put a sling shot in the hands of a Kamm.....it could seriously become a dangerous weapon! LOL. Looking forward to seeing your pursuits.....Will Matt be back in time deer hunting this year?
    I'll be back for all of bow season. Headed to Illinois Oct-27-Nov2. Might get a little rifle in too if I haven't filled my tag.