Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2018 Trap Line

Out of balance won’t chop tires. Alignment issues chop tires. Tires out of balance cause vibrations and if too far out of balance they literally bounce off the ground at 60MPH.

I’ve had mud tires balanced when I was younger, had to put up with store lip, and the tires didn’t ride any better. Simply put, mud tires ride like crap and in my opinion not worth spending the time or money on balancing. If the truck was going to be a consistent Interstate driver I would balance the tires. I would have went with BF Goodrich Mud Terrains as well.

She wanted a mean mud tire, the largest we could fit under a 4” lift and it will hardly see speed above 35. Occasional highway it will be ok. Sometimes a man just has to say “Yes Dear.”
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    Longbow, Did you have to modify driveline angles to achieve that much lift out of the Ford?
    No everything came with the kit, as I recall, didn't do anything special. 6 inch suspension lift and 3" body lift. The bigger tires were 44". They were ridiculous. My wife was pregnant at the time I did it. She had to use a milk crate on a string to get in and out. I got the tires real cheap from another person who was tired of them. lol The 38's were much better.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    Out of balance won’t chop tires. Alignment issues chop tires. Tires out of balance cause vibrations and if too far out of balance they literally bounce off the ground at 60MPH.

I’ve had mud tires balanced when I was younger, had to put up with store lip, and the tires didn’t ride any better. Simply put, mud tires ride like crap and in my opinion not worth spending the time or money on balancing. If the truck was going to be a consistent Interstate driver I would balance the tires. I would have went with BF Goodrich Mud Terrains as well.

She wanted a mean mud tire, the largest we could fit under a 4” lift and it will hardly see speed above 35. Occasional highway it will be ok. Sometimes a man just has to say “Yes Dear.”

Gotcha.... Makes sense. That's a badass truck!! Well done!!!

Truck looks great, love those older chevys. I also mount my own tires using tire irons, the hardest part is breaking the bead loose on the old tires, unless you get new wheels of course. I’ve used the balancing beads, and they’re a pain in the ass to get through the valve stem after. I found it was quicker to break the bead loose and pour them in. My dad had 33” swampers and he never balanced them, it’s fine up to 55ish and then starts to vibrate pretty good.