Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Trap Line

You're a talented guy outdoorsman. Although I am not a trapper I really enjoyed reading about your trapping skills. I still hunt and fish but not as much as I used to.May be because I'm 78 years old. Keep the talk and pictures coming about your prepping for the upcoming season. Good luck on next years harvest.

Thanks. Before long I'll be posting some great trapping pictures, hopefully a successful hunting picture as well. I don't have plans on buying M tags this year so it will be a one and done situation. Hopefully the first deer I see has some weight to it.

Anyways, I was able to paint the plow today. I discussed with my daughter about selling it and she responded "Hell no. It will take forever to find another cheap 9' plow and it looks brand new now."

Guess I have to find a different plow to flip.

Looking good:

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

That looks great!

Looks good. Not to derail your trapping thread but if you have to cut into flammable tanks, oil, propane, etc. fill them with soap and water to push the fumes out the top. You can even cut them while full of water if your worried.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

The weather was sticky and not ideal for my liking though I made some trapping progress today. After some frustration with the snow plow I decided I needed some trapping therapy and pulled out the Belisle traps I used last year for their annual dye job. I use a product called speed dip that some swear by while others mock it. In temps over 70 it has a tacky feel while at temps around freezing and below it becomes brittle and will flake some when a catch is made. The products suits me well and I plan on using it many years to come. Speed dip mixes with lantern fuel or gasoline, hence I store the mixture in a gas can.

Gearing up:
    IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

Ready for the trapping season:

IMG_1758.jpg

Almost forgot, the plow is done. I learned a lot about fisher control modules, wiring, and hydraulic controls that I should never need a fisher plow dealers assistance. I bought a used 3/4 complete wiring harness off Ebay said to be tested and complete. Turns out fisher harness's age and resistance changes, connections become poor and wires need replacing. Good news is their modules rarely malfunction.

Ready for snow:

IMG_1760.jpg
    Last edited by outdoorsman; 08-19-2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Photos

Painted the cab this evening! I misjudged the amount of paint I'd need using Acrylic Enamel and have to buy more this week. I guess I'm too used to Tractor Supply Enamel which seems to cover more.

IMG_1764.jpg

This thread is full of interesting stuff you do. Thanks for posting it all for us to see.