Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trap Line

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    That?s what successful, well experienced, boots look like. They?re retired to dry days and pavement; However, they make a hell of a pair of redneck crocks. They?re chick magnets as well and it?s beginning to get annoying.
    Good to know I’m not the only one. I call them my “LaCroc’s”...... patent is pending.
    4469206D-6AA8-4BD3-BAA9-2083469158C0.jpg

Those are some nice boots! The price we pay for them requires getting every mile we can out of them.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

Arrived home last night at 11pm and wasn?t able to reset traps in one marsh. Two marshes had active traps and produced one beaver this morning.

I ripped my waders while removing beaver debris from a beaver grate protecting a 40? culvert. Walked out of there feeling as though I peed my pants.

I then drove to central NH to sell my processed fur, fur in the round, and castor. Proceeds of the sale are being donated to a conservation group.

Well at the fur buyers place I met an interesting man from Connecticut who also traps. While talking, a friend pulled up, followed by a game warden. We had some awesome conversation about wildlife, hunting, and non-native invasive species.

I would have liked to stay longer though had plans with my daughter for the afternoon.

I picked her up at noon and now her and I are at the nail salon!

Attachment 20377

Are you gonna tell us what shade they put on you?

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    Good to know I’m not the only one. I call them my “LaCroc’s”...... patent is pending.
    Those are awesome, but I have a feeling they might stay "pending"

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Are you gonna tell us what shade they put on you?
    She gave me a cattail camouflage pattern. Something about good camouflage is needed when chasing beavers.

Speaking of pesky beavers. I didn?t catch anything last night and am rained out today and tomorrow.

I was talking with my daughter today about her truck and asked if she thought I was a pain in the behind for working on it all the time. She said YES! With that said, you nailed that one on the head with there is nothing wrong with the damn thing.

She gave me a cattail camouflage pattern. Something about good camouflage is needed when chasing beavers.

Speaking of pesky beavers. I didn?t catch anything last night and am rained out today and tomorrow.

I was talking with my daughter today about her truck and asked if she thought I was a pain in the behind for working on it all the time. She said YES! With that said, you nailed that one on the head with there is nothing wrong with the damn thing.
    Cattail camo, didn't think of that - good choice.

Yeah, the truck is fine, its our obsessive brains that needs a tuneup.

High water is challenging to trap though I picked up another beaver today. I’m am very much hoping this is the last beaver this spring.

Checked traps this morning. Nothing- which was a good check today. Weird how normal is to catch stuff though now it’s the other way around.

Headed to a sporting club banquet tonight and going to have a great time with good people.

Went out at 5:30 this morning to clean grates protecting flowage pipes from beaver damming. Grates were relatively clean which brought me to pulling two body gripping traps. One 330 left and I think I can pull it tomorrow.

Checked traps this morning. Nothing- which was a good check today. Weird how normal is to catch stuff though now it’s the other way around.

Headed to a sporting club banquet tonight and going to have a great time with good people.
    Pointers?