Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: 2018 Trap Line

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Thanks! I have these “smoke sticks” that claim “13 miles of dead fish” lol
    I guess it’s okay to use these then! (Without a bait site permit)
    If nothing else that should clear out all the hunters in your area LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    If nothing else that should clear out all the hunters in your area LOL

Look closely to see clapboard siding in the background.

2CD4E8A9-1AD8-467F-80C0-20DEADC0807D.jpeg
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

I had some spare time today and headed to the Concord area to bear hunt. I found bear sign in a corn field and was looking forward to a evening sit along the field edge. Then I was called in to work and all plans went out the window.

No mosquitoes, perfectly burning dry oak in the wood furnace, a guiness in hand, and a chill in the air! Men, this is the onset of the great times of year.

The other day I had a great horned owl hooting about 1,000 feet from the house. I usually hear barred owls and enjoyed the lone hoot. It brought memories of winter trapping. Few years ago I was running my line late at night, more like early morning, and routinely heard heared a great horned on a very large public marsh. A few times at 2 AM I would set on a hummock to soak in nature’s silence with a sole singing hoot. The brisk air biting my face, knowing the cold water wiould take my life in seconds given the chance, for some reason accompanied an owls hoot very well.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    No mosquitoes, perfectly burning dry oak in the wood furnace, a guiness in hand, and a chill in the air! Men, this is the onset of the great times of year.

The other day I had a great horned owl hooting about 1,000 feet from the house. I usually hear barred owls and enjoyed the lone hoot. It brought memories of winter trapping. Few years ago I was running my line late at night, more like early morning, and routinely heard heared a great horned on a very large public marsh. A few times at 2 AM I would set on a hummock to soak in nature’s silence with a sole singing hoot. The brisk air biting my face, knowing the cold water wiould take my life in seconds given the chance, for some reason accompanied an owls hoot very well.
    Good stuff!