Thread: Nice Sheds

Default Nice Sheds

I found the moose shed this year turkey hunting, and the deer I found in the beginning of January. I put on a lot of miles in the surrounding area, but never found the other side. I'm pretty sure I have another set of sheds from this same buck at 2.5 years old, I'll have to get side by side pics with the smaller shed. I have one crappy trail cam pic of him from last year I will have to find too.

IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg

That should be a hell of a deer this year.

This is the other shed I found that I think is the same deer. Every point has the same shape just smaller and the space between points is the same too.

IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg

Maybe just the same genetics though? I found these two within a half mile of each other. I think it is the same deer, but I found the small one in 2012, so it would have been from the 2011 winter. It looks like a 2.5 year old deer so that would make this deer 7.5 years old last year.
    Last edited by TheLostBeaver; 07-27-2017 at 04:12 AM.

That brow tine is impressive! I think its reasonable to say the two sheds are probably from the same deer.

Holy Browtine!

I'm gonna say definitely the same deer. Look at the curve on each brow tine and the g2 and G4. The only tine that is a little bit different is the G3. With 5 years difference anything could change.