Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke meats

Next on the christmas list for me is one of those temp probes that has a smart phone app. Wouldn't have to keep coming back to check on the temp!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    Next on the christmas list for me is one of those temp probes that has a smart phone app. Wouldn't have to keep coming back to check on the temp!
    I highly recommend one. I bought one from Lowes, not connected to the cell phone but it has a little base station that I keep in the kitchen. It has 2 probes, one goes inside the meat the other just lays on the rack so you can see the internal temperature of the smoker and the meat at the same time. I just have one of those cheapo charcoal smokers so if I have to take the lid off the check the meat temps its hard to regulate the internal temp of the smoker. The wireless thermometer has been a huge help! This is what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLRBMU4...la-93931073340

I have been using my Weber kettle for smoking. I want to add the Slow N Sear to up my game.

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...ow_n_sear.html
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I'm still just dipping my toes into the smoked meat pool, but I am already glad I bought the double probe with remote display. I keep the remote display in my pocket and it has max and min alarms to keep me posted, just have to check on the shavings periodically to refresh. Money well spent.

Smoked 5lbs of venison summer sausage and 5lbs of venison bologna today. Rabbit season is over, shed season hasn't kicked off yet, so outside of sugarhouse hoppin' this was the next best option to pass the time. I should have a decent variety for sampling at the gathering at Browseline place, have we picked a date?