Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wabbits

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    I have not, however, since it's from Cabelas, it's guaranteed. If you feel real fancy, you could get Filson chaps, but damn they are expensive!
    Whats the opposite of fancy? Whatever that is, probably best describes me....

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Tinmouth has some good cottontail areas...Did you see any rabbit sign in there?
    I wasn't really paying attention, I probably did see wabbit scat but being hot for venny I was tuned into the deer sign. If the cottontails love briars they would be in heaven in the patch of hell

Looks like some good times Pete!

Pete,

Your kids are growing up fast. Two more years and Ethan will be taller than you.

I think you're dealing with multiflora rose if it's in your old pastures. That stuff is nasty. Best thing is to avoid it. Chainsaw chaps will work. I wouldn't let the kids near it though. Can cause some pretty good cuts.

I've been seeing tons of snowshoe hare sign this year. Most in several years.

Looks like great times Pete!! Well done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NH Mountains View Post
    Pete,

Your kids are growing up fast. Two more years and Ethan will be taller than you.

I think you're dealing with multiflora rose if it's in your old pastures. That stuff is nasty. Best thing is to avoid it. Chainsaw chaps will work. I wouldn't let the kids near it though. Can cause some pretty good cuts.

I've been seeing tons of snowshoe hare sign this year. Most in several years.
    I don't think it will take 2 more years...he's on pace to pass me soon. Its funny, I was the shortest kid in my class until I was a Junior. He's been the tallest in his class since preschool.

Yeah, you're right, thats exactly what it is, and its definitely nasty. The kids stay to the outside and their beagle/dad is the only one going into it. My chaps have a very course style of nylon on the outside that I'm afraid will allow those little demon hooks to grab on. Maybe I'll try them though. The chaps eScout posted might work, but I'm actually thinking about getting creative with some plastics.

I'm assuming you see the hare sign up at camp, not around your house right?

good times love that first pic!

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    I don't think it will take 2 more years...he's on pace to pass me soon. Its funny, I was the shortest kid in my class until I was a Junior. He's been the tallest in his class since preschool.

Yeah, you're right, thats exactly what it is, and its definitely nasty. The kids stay to the outside and their beagle/dad is the only one going into it. My chaps have a very course style of nylon on the outside that I'm afraid will allow those little demon hooks to grab on. Maybe I'll try them though. The chaps eScout posted might work, but I'm actually thinking about getting creative with some plastics.

I'm assuming you see the hare sign up at camp, not around your house right?
    I've been cutting the multi flora rose at home and spraying it with roundup. I'm winning the battle now but, it's ripped a few pair of jeans to shreds and left me bloodied a few times.

Yeah hare at the camp but, I did have a bobcat go behind my barn at the house on Tuesday. Here's a fat one from the camp. He's been after the hare and looks well fed.

DBC504B6-E485-4E93-A951-7898EF3A0313_zps0kyclm7s.jpg

Pete,

I forgot. You may want to look into Katahdin Iron Works pants. They're not cheap but, are the toughest pants I've had. They've held up for me well. Duluth Trading Co makes heavy grade stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Mountains View Post
    Pete,

I forgot. You may want to look into Katahdin Iron Works pants. They're not cheap but, are the toughest pants I've had. They've held up for me well. Duluth Trading Co makes heavy grade stuff too.
    Good call, I think Duluth calls them "fire hose pants". My wife gets the Duluth Trading Post catalog in the mail, looks like wicked rugged workwear.