Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Shockwave

Its neither here or there, just amazes me how that deer reacts after being mortally hit. Literally stops and turns around and looks alert. Just about every bow shot deer I've seen that's mortally hit with a fraction of KE produced from any muzzleloader bullet act different then this. Crazy!

I shot a buck once with my 35 Remington that was just walking. Hit him right through the lungs with a 200gr core-lokt. He never even flinched. He just kept walking like nothing happened. Ended up shooting him again in the same spot just to watch him walk off into the woods. I was puzzled.

I found him 5 yards into the woods. He had two holes 1-1/2" apart in the boiler room. Deer had me fooled into thinking I missed for a while there!
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I thought Hornady made the Shockwave bullet and it was essentially a SST. I'm most likely incorrect.
    I found this on another site. Interesting.

"According to a rep at Hornady the red tipped sst and the yellow tipped shockwave are identical. Both sabots are made by MMP and except for the color are also are identical. The blue tipped shockwave has a bonded core and is designed for use on heavy body animals like moose, elk etc. The blue sabot sold with the bonded core bullets is a different design."
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Thanks Mountain Hunter. Interesting. I guess it stands to reason that there are only a few manufactures that market under several different brands.
    I've already told you more than I know.