Default Double BEER camp!

Well this is a first for me, and we are a bit excited! Had to break up the time off to accommodate everything, but it looks like it will work out.

PA
    Thanksgiving, Deer / Bear camp
    Miller family
    Jim, wife Barbara, granddaughter Jozzy and grandson Luke leaving afternoon of the 23rd.
    Son Charlie and Daughter in law Sara coming up later in the evening.
    Thanksgiving, regular turkey day stuff. That Friday and Saturday we [Barbara and I] will be bear hunting as well.
    Sunday we relax, the kids will be leaving Sunday afternoon to return to Jersey
    Barbara and I will stay until Wednesday the 30th to Deer / Bear hunt
    We will return to NJ late that Wednesday

NJ

Deer / Bear camp
    Jim, Chris, Mike, Fritz, Chip [small crew this season]
    Jim December 2 afternoon arrival, campsite no. 50 Worthington state forest.
    Small game December 3rd
    Set up stands Sunday December 4th
    Hunt hard December 5th, 6th, 7th.
    Return home late on the 7th, [leaving camper there].
    Work December 8th and 9th.
    Return to camp afternoon of the 9th
    Hunt hard Saturday the 10th, possibly with Barbara and my granddaughter Jozzy.
    Travel home on the 11th.

This should be a awesome family and friends adventure.

RUNT ''13''

Hey Runt!

How did you guys do @ Worthington?

How is your eye doing?

I'll probably head back up Saturday for the day. I wish you luck!

The eye is better, abrasions are healing and the sight is back.

Fritz got a 9 pointer, down off pioneer trail.

Chip saw 3 buck but all kept there distance up on the mountain.

No one saw any bear, and not much bear sign, compared to years past.

After leaving early for the eye injury on Tuesday we made it back up Friday night, with my wife and granddaughter in tow. We saw 9 deer, 2 bucks on Saturday. all kept there distance, but it was good for them to see deer on the first deer hunt. Add 30 turkeys and it was a good day. My 12 year old granddaughter did awesome with about 3 miles of walking around the woods, trails, and fields. It never got over 31 degrees so sitting really wasn't an option for her.

Anyways we will be back up next sat for birds and squirrels.

Note: Always protect your eyes, I almost always where eye protection small game hunting, or in thick cover. Decided to take them off when walking out through a relatively open field....with the exception of that one thorn vine I didn't see, Well it got me.

It was nice meeting you, hope to have you over for our Saturday deer camp feast next season.

RUNT ''13''

Missed this thread back in November, was up in Maine. What happened you got a thorn in the eye? Looks like you had quite a busy schedule. That's the kind of schedule you don't mind keeping. All hunting related! We didn't see any sign of bears either in Z5, no tracks and none on camera. I did see one small bear run across the road near my home in the dark on Monday of 6 day. Good luck and have fun small game hunting. I am still after a couple of big bucks, going out this evening with my son.

YEA ''thorn in the eye''.

We were walking a field bird hunting, took my amber glasses off since the sun as in my eyes and I can only assume my barrel caught a thorn vine and it snapped back and got me.

We did spend some time in the woods.

RUNT ''13''

Quote Originally Posted by runt13 View Post
    YEA ''thorn in the eye''.

We were walking a field bird hunting, took my amber glasses off since the sun as in my eyes and I can only assume my barrel caught a thorn vine and it snapped back and got me.

We did spend some time in the woods.

RUNT ''13''
    Hope your eye is all healed up. Take care.

Hi Runt13!

I hope all is well, and wanted to see if you had any plans for deer camp this year? I just passed my test for bow in NJ, but don't have anyone to hunt with. I liked your setup last year and would be interested in meeting up if you do it again- bow deer, firearm deer, or even birds. I hunt Warren County, NJ, public lands. Let me know.

Squire

Hey squire, where in Warren County do you hunt?
    I hunt on private land in Hope but I'd be willing to meet you at one of the public parcels.
    Beaver Brook is close to where I hunt and its a nice size piece
    PM me your info if you're interested and we'll see if we can work something out.

Hi Med;

I'm from Washington. I hunt birds at Pequest in the little lot off Rt 46. I hunted deer during 6 day firearm at Whittinham until all the bear/anti bear nonsense started. Now I go up to Worthington and hunt the top ridges where there are less people. I got a bow last spring and trained with it, since it seems to me by the time 6 day firearm comes around, there's little to no need for a buck to be awake during the day. I know Beaver Brook pretty much from a hiking standpoint (old railroad and Manunka Chunk tunnels), but never scouted it out for deer; I figured that would be crowded with hunters but maybe wouldn't be horrible for bow.

Let me know what you have in mind.

PM me your contact info (I cleaned out my inbox)
    I usually don't hunt until the temps drop a bit.
    This weekend is out for me either way.
    I'll give you a call and maybe we'll go walk around beaver brook.
    Haven't been in there in a few years.
    There's never more than 1 or 2 cars there anytime I drive by.