Default 2016 fall double..

This past Sunday (10-16-16), me and my sister hit the woods once again for our first fall turkey hunt together.
    We've been chasing spring longbeards for two seasons in a row now but have been unable to connect thus far.

My hopes for this hunt were not high, as the last birds I've seen were back on opening day of archery on October 1'st. We hung in there anyhow and got set up in our blind by 7AM.
    We had set up 2 jakes and a hen decoy just 5yds in front of our blind.

As the first hour passed we began to forget about the hunt and just enjoyed a great morning with some random conversations, a few laughs, some obnoxious turkey call practicing, and lots of snacking!

It wasn't long after that I spotted some birds 50yds out making their way into our set up. My sister couldn't see them approaching from her side of the blind as they made their way in to 20yds. She still couldn't see them and wasn't in a position to make a shot. I didn't dare let her move a muscle. They hung up looking cautiously at our dekes before getting spooky and deciding to make their way off around sissy's side of the blind.

I knew it was now or never, so I got her repositioned in the blind and got her gun pointed out the right window for a shot. 3 birds made their way through a shooting lane so I told her to shoot at the first one she could settle her crosshairs on.
    She finally fired and we watched her bird flop!

Her celebration began by rewarding me with hugs and gut punches! She was excited to say the least. She said, "I got him... lets go get him."
    I was like "wait a minute... I can still kill one"

No sooner I finished saying that and one of the birds that scattered from the flock flew down straight out the front window where I flopped him too!

This was by far the most memorable hunt of my life seeing sis kill her first turkey and for it to be such a fine bird. We dropped her gobbler off at the taxi-dude to be full body stuffed,lol

Stats on the birds:

sis- 8.5" beard, 1" spurs, and 19lbs
    mine- 7" beard, 3/4" spurs, and 16lbs

View my nature photos @
    http://www.pbase.com/wooly

nice birds! sounds like an exciting hunt! great job

Way To Go ! Congrats !

Terrific story about another great day in the woods !

wow, thanksgiving in the wooly family is going to be great.

Thanks guys!
    We're both still pretty pumped over this hunt.
    Gonna be at least a year before the mount is hung. Apparently deer mounts are top priority this time of year, and only one guy at the studio specializes in birds.
    Thanks again for checking them out!
    View my nature photos @
    http://www.pbase.com/wooly

Nice work, great story!

Nice! Congrats to you both!
    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
    "

Nice going! Great story and pictures as usual. Thanks.

Congrats Wooly, great hunt and photo shots !