Default Anyone with Vizsla experience?

I have the chance to adopt a 1 year old Vizsla, male. Excellent pedigree. He has had some obedience and hunting training. Unfortunately, I won't be able to meet him in person before adopting (way out west). But I have a friend, and current Vizsla owner who has met him and knows the current owner well. Says he's great.

We rent a standard sized raised ranch in the in a suburban area and do have a 1/2 backyard that is fenced. It's me, my wife, and two daughters (5 and 3 y/o). I am trying to figure out if it's going to be a good fit. I know they have reputation of being good pointers and family dogs, but I know they have a ton of energy.

My wife only works part time and is out typically 8:30 to 2:15. And we don't do a lot of big traveling.

Several farms/parks/state forest within a short drive for extended walks, etc.

I know there are a lot of variables, but wanted to know if anyone advice. I had a German Shepard and an Afghan hound growing up. My wife grew up with a spaniel. We are definitely a dog family and have been thinking about retrievers when our girls got older (were kind of planning on next summer), but this could be a chance to give a good dog a home.

The current owner is very ill and looking to find a good home for the dog.

I have had one for 10 years now, he is about out of gas but has been a very good dog. I have 3 kids and he is excellent with them. We live in the sticks so he gets to run and hunt the squirrels and mice to his hearts desire. I have worked him on partridge and pheasant and he did OK for the amount of training I have done with him. I paid $1,000 for Harvey, if you are adopting for free that is a great deal for you. Great dogs, very loving.
    adult image sharing
    free upload pictures
    screen shot

Is it currently an inside dog? I have a young German shorthair and it's hard to leave her in a kennel all day. Every dog is different, but pointers often have neurotic tendencies, especially if they are cooped up.

Not sure, we ended up passing. Given some of the challenges that come with the breed, we felt we needed to him meet him before adopting (which isn't an option in the case). We are really bummed, but it wouldn't be fair to drag him across country to a home that wasn't a good fit.