Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Kevin in NH Hunting logs 2015-2016-2017

I thought I should update, or start my 2017 hunting log before the season is over so here goes.....
    September 15, 16, and 17 2017
    It was miserable hunting conditions with the temps in the 80s and 100% humidity! The step son came down from Maine and we did not see a single deer.

September 23rd-My Birthday! I was hoping to make it 3 years in a row to shoot a buck on my birthday and it looked like it was going to happen but like an idiot I counted my chickens before they hatched!!!
    I was at the rock wall stand and at 07:25 I hear a deer directly behind me and so I waited...and waited until the first deer, a 7 pointer was at 10 yards to my right which is perfect for a lefty! I waited a little longer as they now the 7 and also a 5 pointer were both to my right so I started to turn on the Tactacam and slowly raise the bow....and the 3rd deer spotted me and off they went!!! I got to cocky and if I had only waited for them to feed by I would have had a chip shot....but Noooooooo I blew it.

September 9th and 11th I hunted the proven stand and had a small Doe come in early 06:45 and at 07:15 a little button buck fed around me for 45 minutes. On the 11th I hunted the ro0ck wall stand and saw zip. I moved the stand on my birthday after getting busted so now I have it placed better so I will not get busted from behind....

Today is the 12th and it is my last day in North Hampton and Monday the 16th I start as the new inspector in Newington which is loaded with deer so I hope to make a contact or two!

October Friday the 13th 2017 Rock Wall stand 34 degrees...finally cool. 7:10 3 deer are on me from my left and at 15 feet the first deer a beauty of a Doe easily 130 stops and looks right up at me i squint my eyes she is so close......she continues on around me and the two Does with her looked very healthy. They feed past me offering easy shots. Sat till 1030

Friday 10/20/17 Rock wall stand 45 degrees zero wind woods are extremely dry so even these old ears I can hear squirrels 40 yards away....and that's all i saw was squirrels