Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kevin in NH Deer hunting log 2015-2016

Saturday 11/25/17 37 Degrees with no wind. As I was heading in to the Farm stand I went by the Rock Wall stand and paused for a second and almost climbed up....but I kept going and it was the wrong decision. On stand at 06:00 and at 07:55 A deer comes off the farm but is far off. I sit till noon and nothing. I head out and swap 3 sd cards and as I head up the trail a Buck runs across the trail and stops 40 yards ahead just looking at me and its the high racked buck I missed on the Muzzleloader opener and hes just standing there so there has to be a Doe real close so I am looking and looking and all I see is his neck and head then suddenly the Doe bursts out of a blowdown and off they go! I get home and the SD card at the rock wall stand has 3 different buck and 2 Doe. One video shows another 8 go flying by chasing a Doe and 2 minutes later hes back 15 yards from my stand drooling and trying to catch his breath. And just like that they are back....time to get ready

I never made it out again for the rest of the season. My leg from the spine surgery nagged the hell out me all season not to mention I am still shaking my head over missing 2 racked bucks. I have to get in better shape as the heart attack and laid up for 7 weeks in 2016 took its toll. I only have myself to blame for this season so time to STHU and get to it.......2018 is coming......