Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kevin in NH Deer hunting log 2015-2016

Saturday 11/25/17 37 Degrees with no wind. As I was heading in to the Farm stand I went by the Rock Wall stand and paused for a second and almost climbed up....but I kept going and it was the wrong decision. On stand at 06:00 and at 07:55 A deer comes off the farm but is far off. I sit till noon and nothing. I head out and swap 3 sd cards and as I head up the trail a Buck runs across the trail and stops 40 yards ahead just looking at me and its the high racked buck I missed on the Muzzleloader opener and hes just standing there so there has to be a Doe real close so I am looking and looking and all I see is his neck and head then suddenly the Doe bursts out of a blowdown and off they go! I get home and the SD card at the rock wall stand has 3 different buck and 2 Doe. One video shows another 8 go flying by chasing a Doe and 2 minutes later hes back 15 yards from my stand drooling and trying to catch his breath. And just like that they are back....time to get ready

I never made it out again for the rest of the season. My leg from the spine surgery nagged the hell out me all season not to mention I am still shaking my head over missing 2 racked bucks. I have to get in better shape as the heart attack and laid up for 7 weeks in 2016 took its toll. I only have myself to blame for this season so time to STHU and get to it.......2018 is coming......

Well 2018 has started out like 2017 ended with more physical issues. I had checked my 5 cameras late July and had plenty of Doe and fawns and one spike who was on all 5 cameras at all hours of the day walking around aimlessly. In mid August my right hip socket started to bother me and I tried to work it out on the exercise bike....no go so I had a cortazone shot done in the hospital and it worked. Then a week before the 9/15 bow opener I came down with my seemingly annual chest cold and the P.A. didn't believe I needed anything other than Musanex and these "pearls" to help with the cough. I told her this is not the first time and the ten day anti-biotics is the only thing that works.....well it didn't and they called in presizone days later and then the next day they listened and I got the anti-biotics on Wednesday 9/19 so far Thursday was the first night I actually got any sleep in 5 days and now its almost 2am and the cough will not let up so it looks like another long night sitting in my recliner trying to breath slow enough to stop the cough and fall asleep. Sunday is my 64th birthday and the weather is supposed to be good but I know my lungs will not be clear by then...looks like the last weekend in September will be my first sit...HOPEFULLY!