Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: wool pricing?

Bemidji is nice stuff too.

I 2nd the big bill can't beat them for the money

Post season deals are popping up...

First Lite has their Merino wool pants on sale for $120. Its not the thick Johnson/Beagle/BWB wool. For anyone looking for something lighter, these are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Post season deals are popping up...

First Lite has their Merino wool pants on sale for $120. Its not the thick Johnson/Beagle/BWB wool. For anyone looking for something lighter, these are fantastic.
    I bought a pair of the originals a while back, the Kanab pants and like them a lot. I bought the obsidian after deer season but sent them back because there are just too light weight. I really wish there’s a pair of wool pants right in the middle something around 8-10 ounce weight

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    I bought a pair of the originals a while back, the Kanab pants and like them a lot. I bought the obsidian after deer season but sent them back because there are just too light weight. I really wish there’s a pair of wool pants right in the middle something around 8-10 ounce weight
    Did you end up grabbing some of those Big Bill 18oz Merino's?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    Did you end up grabbing some of those Big Bill 18oz Merino's?
    I need to try on a pair first. Their long is only 33" inseam so might be short for me.

Any reviews/opinions on wool pants from anyone that has used the BWB or the ones available from that Swiss link company, I believe they are listed as the "Finnish Army" ones ? Picked up a pair of Big Bills a couple years ago that have been ok, looking to get another pair and might try another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by silver belly62 View Post
    Any reviews/opinions on wool pants from anyone that has used the BWB or the ones available from that Swiss link company, I believe they are listed as the "Finnish Army" ones ? Picked up a pair of Big Bills a couple years ago that have been ok, looking to get another pair and might try another brand.
    I put a new set of the BWB pants to work this year. I?ll preclude the below observations with saying they seem to be very well constructed.

They seem to run true to size, about the same fit as a like sized pair of carhart pants. I feel the leg opening at the boot could have been tightened up. With the leg zipper there isn?t a need to have such a wide cuff, they tended to build up ice/snow a bit more. Not sure why, but the suspender buttons are on the outside on the back (vs on the inside on the front), easy fix with a needle and thread though. In general I found them a little too hot for tracking in the mountains. I am not sure if that should be chalked up more to the double layers in some areas or my need to adjust my base layers and upper wear. In general I found myself reaching for my threadbare, and oft patched, Big Bills over the BWB pants on most tracking days. If I was sitting I opted for the BWB pants. Just my $.02, take it for what its worth.

I think my next set of wool pants will be a wool whipcord type or something in the 10-15oz, lighter weight range. Honestly, I think my beaglewear wool set stayed in the truck this year since I just overheat too much in it.

That BWB line feels really nice but I’ll sweat bullets I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    I put a new set of the BWB pants to work this year. I?ll preclude the below observations with saying they seem to be very well constructed.

They seem to run true to size, about the same fit as a like sized pair of carhart pants. I feel the leg opening at the boot could have been tightened up. With the leg zipper there isn?t a need to have such a wide cuff, they tended to build up ice/snow a bit more. Not sure why, but the suspender buttons are on the outside on the back (vs on the inside on the front), easy fix with a needle and thread though. In general I found them a little too hot for tracking in the mountains. I am not sure if that should be chalked up more to the double layers in some areas or my need to adjust my base layers and upper wear. In general I found myself reaching for my threadbare, and oft patched, Big Bills over the BWB pants on most tracking days. If I was sitting I opted for the BWB pants. Just my $.02, take it for what its worth.
    Ok thanks