Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: wool pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    Fine.... I'll get the BWB pants this summer and let you know how I like them next fall.
    only if you hate them. If you love them, I don't want to know......

Quote Originally Posted by Haystaddle View Post
    I've got a pair of those Cabelas pants. You will need to save them for the coldest of days. Very warm, you won't be doing any tracking in them.
    Its such a tough call to make. I typically wear synthetic long johns and a pear of uninsulated "carhartt" type material pants until it gets into the teens - I don't get cold easily...now I'm nervous I've "over bought".

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    only if you hate them. If you love them, I don't want to know......
    Hahaha....Fair enough. I know where you're at right now. I do the samething before I buy something. In the mean time, I convince myself why I should have bought the other thing I was looking at. I hate getting screwed out of money when buying anything.

Shawn,
    I talked with one of the BWB guys who really beats the crap out of his pants- tracks all season guiding hunters Maine, hunts Ontario, bear baits, moose hunts, etc. and he mentioned something about getting double fronts put on as he was getting about two seasons out of them and then they'd get real thin on the fronts. I'm hoping to talk to Emile at the yankee classic about this option this weekend and see what he says. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by mbVT View Post
    Shawn,
    I talked with one of the BWB guys who really beats the crap out of his pants- tracks all season guiding hunters Maine, hunts Ontario, bear baits, moose hunts, etc. and he mentioned something about getting double fronts put on as he was getting about two seasons out of them and then they'd get real thin on the fronts. I'm hoping to talk to Emile at the yankee classic about this option this weekend and see what he says. I'll let you know what I find out.
    I was thinking about having my seamstress (wife) add some to the front of the thighs on my old Johnson's. They are worn thin and have a couple tears to patch anyway, so I figured it may be best to hit the whole area with a patch. Remnants are cheap at the factory, sold by the pound.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    Hahaha....Fair enough. I know where you're at right now. I do the samething before I buy something. In the mean time, I convince myself why I should have bought the other thing I was looking at. I hate getting screwed out of money when buying anything.
    ok, you just summed up my complex perfectly.

Had on my new Cabelas woolies yesterday. It was windy, and 9 degrees, and I wore a set of EMS synthetic longjohns under them. Its only 1 day, and I've never wore anything other than Johnsons before, so I don't have a lot to compare them with - but so far, they're great. I was in the rabbit brush, and very few stickers came home with me. The knees are doubled, or atleast reinforced, so not many issues with thorns poking through. I'm a 34" waist, but I bought 36" and they fit great. If there's any complaint, its exactly what someone said above...they might be TOO warm. But to me, thats more manageable than too cold. For $130, I'm happy with them at this point.

Here's an update on this thread, for anyone shopping for wool....

The cabelas pants are just...too...hot....If you're a blind sitter that gets cold, these are great for you. For anything else, they're just too much.

I think I talked about the LL Bean jacket in this thread too - maybe its a different one. Anyway, the one with the windstopper was a little loud when I first got it. But I could deal with it. As it ages, it gets even louder. Don't buy that one - get the one with Primaloft instead, if you're going the LL Bean route.

Check out Big Bills by Codet. They have a new merino line that's 18oz.