Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credible wolf sighting in Gorham, NH

Default Credible wolf sighting in Gorham, NH

I was reading the Berlin Reporter yesterday and there was a wolf sighting recently. The guy (who is a very highly respected outdoorsman) saw a moose trotting through his back yard which was common but not too long after that, he saw a dog, about 3 times the size of a coyote following the moose track. The guy called his wife over but by the time she got there the wolf was gone, but.. his tracks were there and clear as day, there were 2 picks of the tracks in the paper, 1 with a tape measure(hair over 6") and 1 side by side with the moose track. State has no comment I am sure.....

Hey SwampBuck, haven't heard from you in awhile, how's everything???? I've never seen sign in NH, but not far away in Maine, up by the Canadian border I have seen tracks and have heard one howling, no doubt in my mind, they are around. Bill

Originally posted by Bill/NH
    Hey SwampBuck, haven't heard from you in awhile, how's everything???? I've never seen sign in NH, but not far away in Maine, up by the Canadian border I have seen tracks and have heard one howling, no doubt in my mind, they are around. Bill
    I got alot on my mind as of late. I am sure you heard about the Berlin Pulp Mill, well I am one of them affected. Things could be better

I am gonna try to be around as much as I can but my heart really isnt into anything lately

Swamp, I had heard and was hoping it didn't affect you. Hope everything goes OK for you and your family and we're wishing you the best!!!! Bill

Originally posted by Bill/NH
    Swamp, I had heard and was hoping it didn't affect you. Hope everything goes OK for you and your family and we're wishing you the best!!!! Bill
    Thank you Bill, we appreciate your thoughts

I was wondering if the Mill closing affected anyone on this forum. Berlin and the Mill has a lot of special meaning to my family.............both my grandfather (his whole career) and my dad (several years before the Army) worked in the Mill.

Good luck to you and your family Swamp....................chris

Here's to hoping and praying that the PSNH and the wood pellet deals go through!

My uncle owns the chainsaw shop in Errol. It is absolutely astounding as to how much the logging operations have changed since I was kid ( and my father was a lumberjack before I was born). And the pulp mill is an extension of that.

Anyway, change is good Swampbuck. May be a little unsettling at first but it helps you grow as a person. Check out a book called "Who moved my cheese" that book put a lot of things into perspective when I got laid off. And I kept referring back to it when other life altering events were staring me down.

BTW - do you know Paul Tardiff aka Poof?

Thanks guys, we will be fine. Too bad it wasnt closer to hunting season, I would "work for the state" for the hunting season. But I will have time to turkey hunt and I am considering going back to school. Copper also too a hit too. But I think he already has another job lined up, good for him! PSNH and the wood pellet place will be OK, they will bring jobs, but nothing that pays well. Berlin has been attracting jobs for a couple years but they are not helping the situation, how do they expect people to live off $7-9/hr jobs? Berlin is a cheap place to live but that doesnt cut it, they got the federal prison coming in, pays good. But you have to be 37yrs or younger(I would make it) the avg age of the mill workers is 51yrs old.

BTW, everyone in Berlin knows who Poof is!

Sorry about the mill (i dont know the story but im guessing there thinking of closing it). Thats neat they found a wolf trailing a moose thats tell u one thing though that moose is sick or injured or else the wolf wouldnt bother tracking it he/she would be hunting it with a pack. Did they only find one set of prints? I hope they wont end up killing it or anything. One in a while we get reminded of the animals we use to have in the past. I heard maine use to have elk back in day what led them to all disappear?

The strength of the wolf is the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf. A quote from someone, I can't remember who, but it fits. Bill